By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Steve Ballmer announces plan to retire

Good, this moron would ruin MS in the long run.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Dr.J said:
Yeah, this guy has been a terrible CEO for MS. He has been wrong about so many changes in technology like the popularity of devices like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, and the vision to produce things like XB1 policies, Windows Vista... need I go on. MS really needs someone who is far less arrogant and actually has vision, not just trend follower who criticizes the products that consumers love and then turns around and makes bastard copies of like Zune/Surface/Windows latest set of phones.

Yet revenue and profits have been up every year under his tenure... You guys are all talking like tech fanboys and may have a point when it comes to consumer products but if you look at the bottom line and what matters, Microsoft is a insanely diverse, extremely profitable well oiled machine under Ballmer. 

This

Never understood the hate...

There seemed to be a lot of venom for Ballmer, but the reality is that Microsoft is still formidable because of decisions he made. Did he execute all of them perfectly? No, of course not. But who does.

Clearly, his personality rubbed some people the wrong way, but that's not necessarily a measure of his leadership. Both Windows and Office still command 90% market share. Both Windows Phones & tablets are gaining market share in very competitive markets (while iOS is bleeding market share). And other Microsoft businesses (servers, Xbox, etc.) are multi-billion-dollar businesses and leading in their categories. Furthermore, Microsoft is still one of the most profitable companies in the world.

Not so bad...

Microsoft is in its strongest position ever and getting rid of the CEO responsible for it is a good thing? Really?

good for the entertainment business of microsoft. not so sure if it is also good for the business sector of microsoft which seems to be pretty healthy with him as ceo but that is obviously not what end-comsumers look at so ballmer always looked stupid even if he did probably some good stuff for microsoft in sectors not for the end-consumer.

gonna miss him sweating a lot.

Around the Network

My type of guy.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Stocks up 9% after the announcement.

NiKKoM said:
disolitude said:
Dr.J said:
Yeah, this guy has been a terrible CEO for MS. He has been wrong about so many changes in technology like the popularity of devices like the iPod, iPhone, iPad, and the vision to produce things like XB1 policies, Windows Vista... need I go on. MS really needs someone who is far less arrogant and actually has vision, not just trend follower who criticizes the products that consumers love and then turns around and makes bastard copies of like Zune/Surface/Windows latest set of phones.

Yet revenue and profits have been up every year under his tenure... You guys are all talking like tech fanboys and may have a point when it comes to consumer products but if you look at the bottom line and what matters, Microsoft is a insanely diverse, extremely profitable well oiled machine under Ballmer. 

this.. and its not like its easy to succeed in this industry and hire some guy who magicly will turn everything into gold.. look at the other companies like a Sony, LG, Nokia etc who are stuggeling with their products.. even Apple hasn't really found a new Steve Jobs.. otherwise other companies would have hired such a magician and they would all make billions in profit..

But he committed mistakes too, and some of them could have bad effects in the long term, but not in the short and middle ones. So leaving now could allow him to take all the merits but not be blamed for the errors that haven't immediate consequences.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

thank god

I would retire too if I get attacked all the time on how bad I am as Steve Ballmer, it's all good though, I'd still have 15 billion dollars in the banks.......