By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are we finally seeing the end of Wii supply constraints in the UK?

Of course Never heard it abbreviated before!

Around the Network

It seems some stores get there Wii's delivered when they get there new release games delivered so If you go to see what new games are out every week as they get them in you could see Wiis in stock every time you go there, but what you dont know is the other 6 and a half days of the week there out of stock.

Wii - 3348 5602 9364 2110

Mario Kart - 0474 1321 9262

I rarely go into bricks and mortar stores, I'm judging based on online stock which I'm looking at most days. Gamestation is now in stock too.

it could be very possible that Nintendo dumped 80k on the UK this week just to see how long it would take to sell them all... Next weeks numbers are going to be huge for the UK.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

lombard2578 said:

This news is very interesting for France:

Actually friday 8 februar 7 pm in France, there is 39 wii in stock at carrefour online:

http://www.boostore.com/Carrefour/Produits/console/defaut?Prod=M00020597&CC={B746A0E6-EC2E-4F8A-9A9B-8A6D1C6E62BD}

We will see in how many time the stock will disapear.

update: 34 in stock 9 februar 1am 30 minutes.

New update:

It's a surprise, at soon 1 pm the 9 februar, there is 62 wii in stock now. So, a very big shipment for this website in France for the moment. 

Around the Network

Curently the local stores to me, in the south of the UK are still out of stock.

You can get them if you are willing to pay about £230 ($450US). You will know when supply isn't no longer an issue when it's generally available at list price or discount like the PS3 or Xbox 360.

The local Woolworths had 2 in stock when I was there today and were proudly displaying on the front doors that they had Wii's and DS's in stock. Nearly got one too, but opted to by it online from Game instead.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

lombard2578 said:
lombard2578 said:

This news is very interesting for France:

Actually friday 8 februar 7 pm in France, there is 39 wii in stock at carrefour online:

http://www.boostore.com/Carrefour/Produits/console/defaut?Prod=M00020597&CC={B746A0E6-EC2E-4F8A-9A9B-8A6D1C6E62BD}

We will see in how many time the stock will disapear.

update: 34 in stock 9 februar 1am 30 minutes.

New update:

It's a surprise, at soon 1 pm the 9 februar, there is 62 wii in stock now. So, a very big shipment for this website

in France for the moment.

New update, next 7 pm the 9 februar, 61 wii in stock. So, only one wii sold during 6 hour. Usually on this website, there is more sales for the wii.

^is that website even popular

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"