By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Unless The Wii/DS outsell the PS2 in every market I consider them a failure

Rath said:
New players = expanded market.

Anyway, what the hell has the DS got to do with this? Its part of the handheld market.

No.

New players + old players = expanded m. 

new plyrs - old plyrs =shifted m. 

Around the Network

Blah, now it's not funny anymore...

Your Wii fad thread gave me some good laughs thanks to peoples answers, and your we need daily updates thread gave me some good laughs because people were falling for you, but know it becomes obviously that you are only trying to be funny.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I could see an argument that if the market as a whole didn't expand at all (or if its growth did not exceed the previous generation's growth) you could have a point; but with the handheld market at nearly 100,000 Million consoles sold, with an additional 60 to 80 Million more units to be sold before there are new handhelds on the market, along with their being 45 Million home consoles with (likely) a minimum of 45 Million home consoles sold every year for the next 4 years, I don't think you have a point at all.

Thank you, O insightful forum superstar Kayanator. We're so glad that you made an entire thread to voice your ill-informed opinion. Why, if only more threads of this immaculate quality existed, we might transcend reality itself and be reborn in a world where GameFAQs posters rule the earth.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

nintendo_fanboy said:
Blah, now it's not funny anymore...

Your Wii fad thread gave me some good laughs thanks to peoples answers, and your we need daily updates thread gave me some good laughs because people were falling for you, but know it becomes obviously that you are only trying to be funny.

no, this is a serious thread but no ones taking them seriously.

Look at my deduction above. 

Around the Network
Kayanator said:
Rath said:

Anyway, what the hell has the DS got to do with this? Its part of the handheld market.

No.

and why have wii and ds shifted old players away?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Garcian Smith said:
Thank you, O insightful forum superstar Kayanator. We're so glad that you made an entire thread to voice your ill-informed opinion. Why, if only more threads of this immaculate quality existed, we might transcend reality itself and be reborn in a world where GameFAQs posters rule the earth.

Ah, you made me Lol.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Kayanator said:
Rath said:

No.

The old players still exist, if the total sales of consoles this generation is greater than that of last generation then the market expanded. 

Kayanator said:
Because then the wii/ds hasn't expanded the market they have only shifted the maret to new players while losing old ones.

Does this same metric apply to all consoles? I'm not sure I understand where you're going with this.

brute said:
Kayanator said:
Rath said:

No.

and why have wii and ds shifted old players away?

i didnt say they did. but if they dont outsell the ps2 then either they did shift old players away or they didnt gain new ones.