By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Harrison: Xbox One Will Never Come Without Kinect

There will be an Xbox SKU without silly kinect before May 2014. You can bet on it.

Around the Network
ViktorBKK said:
There will be an Xbox SKU without silly kinect before May 2014. You can bet on it.

bet accepted... what you wanna bet????

endimion said:
ViktorBKK said:

I am not a book. But you can bet on it, somewhere I guess.

Good to hear. I'm interested to see what developers (particularly indie developers) will do with Kinect, since they will know that every X1 owner will have one.

ViktorBKK said:
endimion said:
ViktorBKK said:

I am not a book. But you can bet on it, somewhere I guess.

we've been betting avatar and sig control for half decade on that forum..... come on.... bailling out within an hour not cool... not cool at all

Around the Network
wick said:
Seece said:
Did they ever actually say 'We will never change DRM requirements or offline" ect? There is a bit of a difference between this and a 180 on those issues.

Also there is no issue with a Kinect bundle as long as they bring it to price parity with PS4, when they do it'll be better value than PS4.

But I wouldn't expect that until September 2014.

We can’t just flip a switch to turn off DRM. The console was built around it.

Said the PR guy who is just a mouth piece.

wick said:
Seece said:
Did they ever actually say 'We will never change DRM requirements or offline" ect? There is a bit of a difference between this and a 180 on those issues.

Also there is no issue with a Kinect bundle as long as they bring it to price parity with PS4, when they do it'll be better value than PS4.

But I wouldn't expect that until September 2014.

We can’t just flip a switch to turn off DRM. The console was built around it.

Yeah Microsoft has backtracked so many times that it really wouldn't suprise me if they backtracked here too. I guess we'll have to wait and see but if the sales through the holiday aren't that strong then I'm pretty confident they'll announce a Kinect-less SKU. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I don't believe anything they say anymore.

Good then, that means this will be another turn around! I expect a kinect-less release sometime next year!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

zeroM said:
good, whats the point of having 2 of the same boxes for the next gen again? its a risk but we need someone atleast trying something different.

I totally agree with this.  MS spent the money so they might as well go full hog or not at all.  I am more interested to see what developers do with the device now that it is X1 and not some add on.  With MS opening up to indies giving them full access to the system, there is a greater chance we might actually see top notch games using the device in all kind of ways.

The fact that Sony did not include the PS3y3 with the PS4 means I will definitely not buy it.  I bought the device for 2 years straight and Sony never really put anything behind it. Now Sony does the same thing again which means the PSeye will never get the full support it deserves and I will not plunk down anymore cash on it.