By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Gamescon was disappointing.

the conference was

Incredible 28 9.76%

Good enough 108 37.63%

Whatever 50 17.42%

Disappointing 47 16.38%

Awful 35 12.20%

Results 18 6.27%

Total:286

Of course I prefer the PS4 for this gen. But I'm afraid they are making some mistakes

#1 - Too much Indie games, no new AAA

The reason why the PS4 will be successful, the Xbox One will follow and the Wii U will fail, is because the context makes it so that people are only ready to spend money for a console if it's powerful (when there's a crisis people turn to entertainment and drugs).

Also, that's what people are expecting from the PS4 : not just iPhone, F2P or Indie games, not just PS3 adaptations, but real new jaw dropping entertainement.

#2 - Where's Gaïkai? Netflix/Hulu...?

It was one of the most innovative and key selling feature of PS4. There's been a mention of Twitch but none of Gaïkaï, and no big VOD/TV offer

#3 - PS3 offer is still better than the PS4 offer

On one hand, the PS3 is the best selling home console, they just cut the price of the PS3 below the Wii U, Xbox 360 or Vita, and most blockbusters like AC4, Watch Dog, Gran Turismo and other upcoming/recent ones are being released.

It's a big push for the PS3 and the fact that not only the PS4 is more expensive, has less games, and it doesn't play PS3 games, why isn't there any retro-compatibility option or downloadable games plans yet ?

Around the Network

Awkwardly I agree with most of what you've said. This conference showed the lack of Titles for PS4, I don't deny the fact that the price will be a decisive point against XOne but who knows..
Add to that the Vita's shameful presentation.

Because they did not announce any AAA games doesn't mean they don't have any games and they did say there are unannounced games from three big studios. For this year we have enough games from their first party studios for PS3 and Vita along with enough games for PS4. We are going to hear more from TGS and VGA for new games and sony said there are 20+ Exclusive games being released for PS4 in first year. From these 20, I bet atlreast 10-12 are AAA titles.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Why announce AAA games now when your already doing amazing?  Why not wait til sales simmer down, then boom uncharted 4.

Don't worry about Netflix, that is a given

I didn't enjoy the lack of "proper titles" and the absurd focus on indies. But don't worry, Sony are working on AAA titles internally and there are plenty of PS4 games to be excited about

The problem to me is that Rome II and GTA V make me more excited than any PS4 game

Around the Network

i was convinced to get a PS4 later instead of launch day so that's something

The entirety of World Wide Studios, arguably the best development group in the world, is working on games for the PS4. Is anyone really worried that the PS4 won't have games?

Honestly, isn't there going to be enough to play already?  Should Sony throw everything out at launch and then have a Wii U drought for half a year?  Would that actually be the best plan?

There is going to be a TON of games at launch.  Even better, the couple of years are almost assured to have a steady flow of content.  I don't see much to complain about.

pokoko said:

The entirety of World Wide Studios, arguably the best development group in the world, is working on games for the PS4. Is anyone really worried that the PS4 won't have games?

Honestly, isn't there going to be enough to play already?  Should Sony throw everything out at launch and then have a Wii U drought for half a year?  Would that actually be the best plan?

There is going to be a TON of games at launch.  Even better, the couple of years are almost assured to have a steady flow of content.  I don't see much to complain about.

i think this is the first time i seen this. gamers complain about lack of games being announced when their were many games announced. do people really think that Shadow of the beast is an indie game? if so, bring me more indie games just like that. what about the rime game? an open world game exploring an ancient civilization. i mean really?! and they are complaining?

At least 3 of the 21 new games announced are BIG FISHs for me.

Edit - Sony announced 21 games today.

You guys expected too much. Sony has never made any ground-breaking announcements at Gamescom. This year's Gamescom was better than ever, but it'll never match it's E3 announcements.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden