By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shadow of the Beast announced for PS4

KingdomHeartsFan said:
oldschoolfool said:
I don't understand why people say,the cgi trailer looked decent. It's not the actual game!!!!!!!!!! Let me see some gameplay,then we'll talk.

Why are you so sure that is not gameplay footage?

Are you kidding me? It should be %100 obvious from the trailer.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
oldschoolfool said:
I don't understand why people say,the cgi trailer looked decent. It's not the actual game!!!!!!!!!! Let me see some gameplay,then we'll talk.

In other words you have no way of knowing and for all anyone knows the game will look graphically similar to what we see in that trailer.  

KingdomHeartsFan said:
oldschoolfool said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
oldschoolfool said:

In other words you have no way of knowing and for all anyone knows the game will look graphically similar to what we see in that trailer.  

Your right I have no way of knowing,but 9 out of 10 times the actual gameplay never looks anything like the cgi trailer. I miss the old days were it was just commercials of actual gameplay footage and not some cgi trailer,but I guess I'm 2 oldschool. 

JoeTheBro said:
Looks great. Really hope it is triple AAA and not just a download game.

Since when downloadable has become bad ?

zumnupy10 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Looks great. Really hope it is triple AAA and not just a download game.

Since when downloadable has become bad ?

It's not at all, but it's usually a sign of length. Retail games tend to be much longer while indies can get away with 2-3 hour sp. If this is a retail game, then that lets us have a better understanding of the budget.

Around the Network

As long as it's not a top-down game I'm fine. I can't stand top-down and 2/2.5 d games they for the most part purely imo suck. I'm excited for housemarque's new game though ssd is my fav arcade game ever.

I think I belong to the very few ones that ever played the original, developed by Psygnosis (WipeOut PSX).
I played and finished it on Master System, Amiga and Genesis. What made this game so outstanding to me back then?
Atmosphere. The music-theme was so... I can't really describe. It was mysterious, perfectly fitting to the art-style, and something I can still listen to today.
The game itself was... well, not really bad, but controls were really horrible. It had a little lag, character moved too stiff, collision detection was really bad. The "story" itself was quite interesting though but definitely lacked more info.
Still to me a videogaming gem with outstanding visuals back then and I hope this game can live up to my very high expectations.

Edit: A yt-vid with the original music-theme:

Edit:I want to share you a playthrough of the Amiga-version:

Is this an indie game? Who is developing it?

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
Is this an indie game? Who is developing it?

Haevy Spectrum is the developer, we're not yet sure if it's a full game or not.

http://www.heavyspectrum.com/

Well its made by guys who loved the original so lets hope they do it proud