By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hot Shots Golf 5 will be in America and EU next month, prepare sandwiches!!

I guess Sony wants people to upgrade their hard drives to the 250gb ones or something? how can they expect you to have 5gb installs all the time? Even a 40gb if you have DMC4 and HSG5 will take up 10gb...25% for 2 games.

80gb isn't as drastic, its only 12.5%, but still a good portion.

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:

@Damstr8

Its not really costing you space. Yes you lose acces to it, but you can always get it back. What you really lose is the time it takes and the times it retakes should you erase it.

On topic:

In the case of HSG5, I'm more concerned with the use of space since I will be playing it often over months, as opposed to DMC4 where once I've played through, I might not play again. I know HSG5's disk space will be occupied until the release of 6. 

ok,but if i ever wanted to play the game it still requires me to use 5gb of space just to play it,so no matter which way you look at it...it takes up 5 gb,sure i can delete it if i never want to play the game again

I have a 60gig so I really dont mind if this happens to a few games but if this trend picks up I may have to go buy and install a 250gig hard drive for my Ps3.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

it makes no sense, This game should have NO loadtime even without the installation. and honestly, what's on those 5GB of installation? I thought this game is probably going to be around 5 GB big. lol

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

this doesn't make any sense to me. I think this really is a developers fault. They just don't know how to work the system. Naughty Dog and Insomniac have shown you can have a really great game without the need to install anything.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

If you didn't get my hint in the title, Hot Shots Golf 5 requires a 5 GB install when you buy the game. PSP_Fanboy Reports that when you pop in the game, a required 5 GB install is placed on to your hard drive. No word on how long that this takes, but if you didn't like that in Devil May Cry 4, you probably won't like it here.

One would think that Sony would learn their lesson with how bad this went over with on DMC4 (although people still bought the game, at least in Japan) they'd at least make it optional. But alas, Sony must hate us.

Discuss.

This is a semi disturbing trend considering my HD is pretty full atm, lol.

I would do install for games like MGS, DMC and FF(I'd fill my HD up for FF it it made the loading .5 seconds quicker), but not Hot Shots golf, lol

@3rd party PS3 publishers: No more of this unless your game deserves it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

It's worth it if it cuts down on load times. I kind of wish the 360 had that option for people with a HDD (it usually uses it as a cache but it would be nice if it had the option as well to install 5 gigs of the game).

Its not a computer game. Whats with the install?

Holy crap it took awhile to get over here.

Next month? Yaahh, I can't wait!

20 Minutes? WTF I AM NOT WAITING THAT LONG! WTF IS THIS BS!!