By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone else pick up Culdcept Saga?

So a few months back someone suggested I get this strange sounding game that was a mix between Magic: the Gathering and Monopoly.  Well since I love card games and Monopoly is just awesome, I couldn't resist and got interested.  That game was Culdcept Saga.

I picked this game up yesterday and I must say despite the semi low reviews (low 70's) I'm actually enjoying it.  True to their word, this game is exactly like Magic: the Gathering and Monopoly had a baby.  I've only played three matches that all lasted over an hour and I don't quite understand all the rules yet but the game is fun.  There are definitely things I don't like (let me skip animations and intros!) but it's actually really well balanced and the power shift goes back and forth unlike some games where you know you're going to win or lose from turn one (The Eye of Judgment).

So yeah, fun game, anyone else pick this up or planning to pick this up? 

Around the Network

I saw the Xplay review, and thought about giving it a shot. I dunno though, I'm pretty casual when it comes to my knowledge about this game.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I played the demo.. 8 times

But its not something I would purchase.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I am picking it up soonish. I loved the last one and have been anxiously awaiting this ones release. This is one of the few games that has me tempted to pick up a 360. I just hope the computer doesn't cheat as badly as it did the last time.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

NamcoBandai sent me a copy. I haven't played it yet (I just got DMC 4 for the 360 yesterday too and Turok a few days ago) but will play it for review soon.

Around the Network

What system is this on?

DMeisterJ said:
What system is this on?

The Awesome 360!!!   

^^^ really was no point to that...

hm i might download the demo to try it out

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Gnizmo said:
I am picking it up soonish. I loved the last one and have been anxiously awaiting this ones release. This is one of the few games that has me tempted to pick up a 360. I just hope the computer doesn't cheat as badly as it did the last time.

It's funny you mention that because I always had at least one land that was like my boardwalk that was worth a shit load of money and the computer *never* landed on it. They always land either one before it or one after it. It's also funny how the computer seems to roll the perfect number to get the one empty land on the board but that one could be just me being crazy. It also manages to draw the damn slings (+10STR, +10HP, First Strike) whenver it needs them too which always pisses me off.

I read a review this morning for it and they actually mentioned the same thing how it always seems like the cheats or gets the exact roll it needs to.

It was also a little scary to read the review and see that an hour is actually a short match and games can last a good four to five hours which sounds painful. That seems fine for single player since you can just suspend the match at any time and return but unfortunately it looks like you can't do that for multiplayer.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I saw the Xplay review, and thought about giving it a shot. I dunno though, I'm pretty casual when it comes to my knowledge about this game.

But...but it isn't a Nintendo game, wouldn't picking up a 360 game you a MS fanboy?  :-p