By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I Don't Understand Why People are Asking for a Wii U Pricecut

Would you buy a Wii U for it's current price of $300 or $350?

Yes 55 42.64%

No 74 57.36%

Total:129

Nintendo just came out with a brand new console, packed with a ton of potentional. I mean when you think about it, the system is more than capable of pushing out some great graphics (Look at the Zelda Tech Demo, Pikmin 3, X) and also, you have an entire new experience with the tablet controller. I can't imagine playing ZombiU on any other console, and after trying the Rayman Legends demo on Xbox 360, I can honestly say it is just better in all areas for the Wii U. I have only played my Xbox 360 about 10 times since I got the Wii U back in December.

The point I'm trying to push here is that, you have this console; very capable, very unique, great games, etc. This unique experience is only $350 if you want the Deluxe and $300 if you want the basic. Yet people are saying the console is too expensive.

You can't really see the full potentional of the Wii U until you've tried it yourself, and I can gaurentee 90% of people who want a price cut don't know the true value of the console because they've never played it or tried it. Try going to a demo kiosk and play some NSMBU or Nintendo Land and see how fun the console can actually be. I played Game and Wario in a target and it actually convinced me to buy the game, so maybe the same thing will happen with some people and the system.

Before asking for a price cut, see what the console has to offer first. People already want the Xbox One to have a price cut AND THE DAMN THING ISN'T EVEN OUT YET. Maybe those fools at MS are actually telling the truth and you do get "lots of value."

Call this damage control for the Wii U price or whatever, I'm just stating my opinion. It might change if someone gives me a valid reason why the Wii U needs a price cut to stay in the Next-Gen console race.

Ya'll cheap.

Around the Network

quoting a youtube comment at the end of your post doesnt help your point at all.

i sort of agree
the hours of use i give my wiiu are insane

bananaking21 said:
quoting a youtube comment at the end of your post doesnt help your point at all.

What quote ;)

xJbownagex said:
bananaking21 said:

What quote ;)

oh never mind me. im just seeing stuff!!

Around the Network

Well, your entire OP begs to differ.

I think it is seen as needing a price cut as it has currently positioned itself against the PS360, both of which are cheaper with a far bigger game library.

What it really needs is a game that people can look at and say "that could never be done on current gen" that also demonstrates the value of the Gamepad.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

me neither honestly. the WiiU costs 300$ at the basic set (even 149$ right now at some places). and you get free online. the PS4 is 400$ and you need to pay 50 bucks yearly. if the console gen lasts 10 years as some people say, then that'd mean that you have to pay 600$ extra (for 100$ price difference, and the 500$ from paying for online).

It doesnt need one at least not yet. This holiday should have some great deals, anywhere up to $100 off or packed with 2-3 games are very possible.

Another thing to consider is people buying PS4/One at launch arent likely even considering a Wii U this holiday so a price cut wont deter people from getting those consoles.

Also we have no idea what PS4/One will sell after the holidays, its possible they will have sluggish post launch sales due to majority of there games being available on PS360 and the exclusives arent known to be huge sellers.

Its like this time last year everbody was saying PS360 needed a price cut to counter Wii U, instead they used awesome holiday deals/bundles and early this year Wii U sales fell dramatically so a not doing a price cut was wise.

I think the best time to do a price cut would be next spring when Mario Kart 8 releases, by then they will know what PS4/One baseline sales are, will likely be able to cut price and still sell at a profit by then and a $299 Mario Kart bundle could be huge.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'm sorry, it is very hard for me to pay more for a console that until now, the games graphics don't look better than current gen console despite knowing it could look better eventually. Additionally I can play those games very well without the tablet controller so I don't see the selling point on it. Like last generation, never cared about new controller experience, I won't start caring now. I'm happy with traditional controller.

In other words, a console that's more expensive than current gen even though it is providing same quality graphics than current gen plus never caring for new controller experience equal to wait for a price cut.