By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wonderful 101 [Currently a 79 on Metacritic]

wonder how multiplayer is, it was fun with me and my bro! They need online, sucks -_-

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
well this is disappointing

Maybe if you were expecting a 9 or higher. 8/10 is great. Most criticisms amount to "The controls were too hard to master." If you don't anticipate that being a problem for you, every other comment about the game indicates that it's fantastic all the way through.

Waa, I thought this game came out in september? I still wanna get it, just not for full price.

The Wii U won't have a system seller till December. DK will flop *runs away*

the_dengle said:
Weedlab said:
Did any of the reviews comment on the game's length?

I read the IGN review, I think she said it took her 14 hours to play through the story.

That's good time actually. To be honest, I seldom agree with reviewers, so I'd still get this for Wii U if I had one.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

the_dengle said:
bananaking21 said:
well this is disappointing

Maybe if you were expecting a 9 or higher. 8/10 is great. Most criticisms amount to "The controls were too hard to master." If you don't anticipate that being a problem for you, every other comment about the game indicates that it's fantastic all the way through.

this is by far the most interesting WiiU tittle for me. i dont have a WiiU but i would nevr rule out getting one. so when a game is scoring lower than you hoped for, its kind of disappointing. i was hoping fof 83-87 meta based on what i seen of the game

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Weedlab said:

I read one that said they put in 15 hours.  I can't remember which review, though.

Edit:  It was Eurogamer.

"The Wonderful 101 has issues, especially with the gamepad, but it's also a beautifully engineered, original idea that looks gorgeous in motion. It's gigantic, too, with my first campaign run clocking in at 15 hours. Beyond that lie Hard difficulty, a long series of Wonderful Missions dedicated to the combat system, and such a depth of unlocks that I've barely scratched the surface."  -  http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-18-the-wonderful-101-review

Thanks! That's actually good time for a campaign.

bananaking21 said:

this is by far the most interesting WiiU tittle for me. i dont have a WiiU but i would nevr rule out getting one. so when a game is scoring lower than you hoped for, its kind of disappointing. i was hoping fof 83-87 meta based on what i seen of the game

They've only counted 11 critics yet.

And I don't think you should let a 5-point difference in Metascore get you down, anyway.

do ppl still trust review scores? i thought we all knew by now the journalists use guidebooks and get lobbyism. I wont trust a person's numerical score after an all night speed run of it. Under ign's score it says "good" ... that has more weight than a number imo.

Mythmaker1 said:
Weedlab said:

I've seen a few, but not too many make a fuss about it. 10-12 hours isn't bad, IMO, if it has good replay value.

Thanks! That's actually good time for a campaign, and if it is enjoyable that's even better. Hard and very hard should lend to the replay value.

snyps said:

do ppl still trust review scores? i thought we all knew by now the journalists use guidebooks and get lobbyism. I wont trust a person's numerical score after an all night speed run of it. Under ign's score it says "good" that has more weight than a number imo.

Depending on the scale, review scores are still useful. The problem I have with the system is the fact it's based on an "average," rather than an objective scale. Which means that a score becomes pretty useless when the standard changes.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.