By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CBOAT is a dirty liar!: PS4 late October, One SDK not ready yet (hence delay), Platinum Games making exclusive for One?

badgenome said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Lol at anyone still doubting Cboat.

edit - I'm gonna be really bummed if it's Vanquish 2, but Platinum is a strange dev to moneyhat considering...their only big IP has already been moneyhatted, lol. Rising 2 I suppose is a possibility, but would he not mention Konami if it was? And why would it be 'Japan only'? Maybe he just means targeted at the Japanese market..new IP? Looking at shipment numbers for Wonderful 101, that doesn't seem worth moneyhatting either. 

Possibly, but it's kind of hard to imagine what that would be. The typical Platinum game is very Japanese but also so niche that it doesn't really sell well anywhere, including Japan. So... I dunno. Kinect waifu touching game or something?

Tales of Molestia. 

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
Leadified said:
gooch_destroyer said:
I hope that the other Japanese developer isn't Atlus. Persona 5 on Xbox One would piss me off.

The funny thing is Atlus made Shin Megami Tensei: NINE for the Xbox only for Japan.

I didn't know that lol....How well did it do?

Pretty terrible in terms of both quality and sales.

Slimebeast said:
lol I would love Microsoft to release a Kinect-less Xbone in early 2014 out of desperation, thereby destroying their whole strategy that wanted to avoid a fragmented user base.

It would be so typical of Microsoft. Mistake after mistake with Xbone.

Also that "Big Park" studio canceling a MOBA game and doing TV instead. Such incompetence to do a 180 turn like that.

And funniest of all, they've had 8 years to prepare for a console launch and they can't even release in all major markets simultaneously.

European PS4 Pre-Orders Not Guaranteed At Launch

Sony have confirmed all PlayStation 4 pre-orders placed from Aug. 6 will now not be guaranteed for launch," reads the message posted on ShopTo. "You can still pre-order PS4 with us in case we receive cancellations and can fulfill your order for launch."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/7/4597298/new-ps4-pre-orders-no-longer-guaranteed-for-launch-day-in-uk

JWeinCom said:
zumnupy10 said:
JWeinCom said:
zumnupy10 said:
JWeinCom said:
... I'm not sure what Platinum could be up to that would make people more upset than Bayonetta. What other big IPs do they have?

It's beyond me Why anyone would be upset because of Bayonetta.

Cause Bayonetta was boring and sold reasonably bad?

Fixed.

90 average metacritic and close to 2 million in sales.  While the game may not be good enough to earn your highly sought after approval, clearly a lot of people liked it or noone would be upset about it being a Wii U exclusive.

Not a bad game but clearly not deserving of all the praise some people give it.  I feel most people got upset by the fact that it became a WiiU exclusive and not by the game itself.

Sal.Paradise said:

Tales of Molestia. 

Good one !

I would totally play that !

Around the Network
Leadified said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Leadified said:
gooch_destroyer said:
I hope that the other Japanese developer isn't Atlus. Persona 5 on Xbox One would piss me off.

The funny thing is Atlus made Shin Megami Tensei: NINE for the Xbox only for Japan.

I didn't know that lol....How well did it do?

Pretty terrible in terms of both quality and sales.

I guess we can rule out Altus then?

Madword said:
 simultaneously.

About 1.5 years.. maybe a year ago, there were rumours that MS were ahead of Sony in many aspects, game development for starters, but also how far they were in developing the console. But within the last year everything has flipped around... nothing people are hearing show MS to be anything but in a right old mess. To be honest its pretty shocking. So imho something must have happened in that time to make them suddenly go from Hero to zero.

I remember those rumors: The Boner was supposed to be far stronger than the PS4 despite comming with Kinect2...and the overall outlook was "rather grim" for the Ps4(will Sony be able to afford a strong console???)....hilarous that we are in a completely different situation now !

JayWood2010 said:

I left them out because I dont really understand what they are trying to say lol  I assume manufacturing problems which has also been pretty much confirmed with the delay in numerous countries.

Im not saying this guy is wrong.  Im just saying most of this stuff could have been said by your everyday user.  he isnt necessarily going out there telling us anything we dont already know(or think we know).

As you was reading this was you surprised by any of it?  For me just the Platinum Game part.

I don't know how to feel about CBOAT. I can't tell whether he's just a regular guy, industry insider or otherwise, with a keen sense of observation and research skills or if he really is that godlike at making predictions. Some of the stuff he "comfirms" are "safe", (quotations around safe because comfirming rumors is never truly safe) and some are just out there and still turn out to be factual imformation.

Either way, his word is a good indication of what is true- whether or not it's safe or surprising info (and his record is  great on both). That's why he's a god on Neogaf - much more reliable than the other so-called "insiders" on that site.

Figgycal said:
JayWood2010 said:

I left them out because I dont really understand what they are trying to say lol  I assume manufacturing problems which has also been pretty much confirmed with the delay in numerous countries.

Im not saying this guy is wrong.  Im just saying most of this stuff could have been said by your everyday user.  he isnt necessarily going out there telling us anything we dont already know(or think we know).

As you was reading this was you surprised by any of it?  For me just the Platinum Game part.

I don't know how to feel about CBOAT. I can't tell whether he's just a regular guy, industry insider or otherwise, with a keen sense of observation and research skills or if he really is that godlike at making predictions. Some of the stuff he "comfirms" are "safe", (quotations around safe because comfirming rumors is never truly safe) and some are just out there and still turn out to be factual imformation.

Either way, his word is a good indication of what is true- whether or not it's safe or surprising info (and his record is  great on both). That's why he's a god on Neogaf - much more reliable than the other so-called "insiders" on that site.

That I will agree with 100% :)

Damn straight.