By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Video Games Vs. Woman

My girlfriend has never played a computer game in her life, I couldn't live like that. However I used ot work with a girl who was A) extremely hot, and B) loved zelda and Metroid more than life itself.

Around the Network

My Fiance likes video games and is supportive of my interest in them, but she's never had the opportunity to get into them herself. I'm hoping that with the Wii, we'll be able to do more things together. I gave her my old gamecube along with Zelda: Master Quest and Smash Bros.
I have to be careful not to backseat drive while she's playing and give her a chance to figure things out herself though ^^j

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I refuse to date a girl that doesn't like/play at least some video games. Maybe that's why I'm still single....

Not really, every girlfriend I have had(only like 4 lol) I've been very upfront with my videogames but I've also been reasonable about it... I outright told her "look I love my videogames and the new final fantasy or zelda might distract me for a few days here and there." Most people are understanding when you're upfront and if she's not willing to deal with it fu*k her.

In short I do scale back on the amount of time I play but I don't scale it back totally for anybody and that's because I'd never ask her to stop her hobbies because I don't like them. I'd try to understand why she likes them and learn a little about them. I ask for only what I'm willing to give you know? Edit: Time apart is good when you're living together, I did it for 2 years before she decided she didn't like me for some unknown reason. Videogames was how I spent my time apart but she did benfit from it because I bought a lot of A/V stuff and built a theater in the living room and she loved her movies..

For most women, I find, being an otaku is a turnoff for them. If you find one who doesn't get turned off....marry her.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I keep them seperated, games and my girlfriend. I know she doesn't like it so what's the use, would be lovely to have a thing like AoA had though =P

One can only dream

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

If you find a woman that doesn't play games send her packing.

There is no good reason to give up video games because a woman is around.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

DMeisterJ said:
I don't have a GF or wife or anything like that, but I am very impressed with you Art.

I've never met a girl that would do THAT while I was playing the game. And moreso, I don't even know if I'd even be able to be focused while playing a game if THAT was going on.

But back on topic: No. Most girls I know or hang out with don't even know about video games, or don't care for that matter. Actually, this one girl I knew used to love playing Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories on my PSP while we hung out.

My wife rocks. She'll do that.  Muwahahahahaha.  Though yeah, the focus on the game is lost, and it doesn't go very long before the game is just forgotten.

Souixan has good advice, I'd listen to him.  And I personally think its very important to establish that you will take time for yourself for things you like to do, right off at the beggining.  Whatever the time for yourself is (Video Games, time with your buddies, fishing....).  I think it's bad to spend ALL your free time focusing on the girl during the 'initial flare'.   It sets a tone you'll have to break later.  To this day I'm still trying to get my wife to realize that I don't have to spend every spare moment that I'm not at work focused on her and making sure she's entertained.

At least she's into games.  We mostly have different tastes, but there is always a game we both like and can play together.  We love gaming together.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

My wife and I play many games together (after our daughter goes to bed) including World of Warcraft BC, Wii Sports, Cod4 and many others. I think it is a great way to relieve stress between us and have a good time doing it. Anyone on here on the Hellscream server of WOW?

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)

Nah my wife hates it. That's why I only play at night, usually, when all kids are down and she is reading or sleeping. I only play maybe 6 hrs a week and sometimes if she is mad at something makes it sound like that is all I do.

She occasionally will play some of the VC games though. Pretty rare. I think she won't play any Wii games out of spite, not out of dislike of the game.