By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerilla needs to show off Killzone Shadow Falls Multiplayer changes at Gamescom.

They need a specific amount of time to hype the game to the multiplayer gamers and gain their attention. By default Sony is already going to have a ton of shooters just like Microsoft, but Killzone has always had a problem of having good multiplayer, but not good enough to the point where it outshines the competition. They've shown absolutely nothing yet outside of the storyline. They keep forgetting that last gen most people didn't even get to the storyline in shooters, they went right past it. For this reason Ubisoft is developing the Divisions multiplayer bigger and better so that it wraps around the story arch. I think that is a smart thing and will probably revolutionize TPS for the next gen. Killzone has it all, Mechs, awesome weaponry, realistric graphics, but the question is what can they add to the roster of elements to make the game stand out and be special? Customization? Better classes? Better map development? Forge mode? Its all up in them. We've got to see it.

Around the Network

BF4 & COD:Ghosts will rule multiplayer again this fall. Nothing Killzone can do about it.

tuscaniman99 said:
BF4 & COD:Ghosts will rule multiplayer again this fall. Nothing Killzone can do about it.

As the establishment tends to. This is a new gen and its better to get people reaquainted with Killzone or for those who never knew introduced the right way than not at all.

That's a lot of investment for a very difficult to reach goal.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Have you ever seen a Killzone as grand as Killzone is looking right now? I hope the multiplayer is spectacular.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Guerilla are actually pretty bad at level design and balance, they probably shouldn't show it off.

::coughs:: Steel Rain ::cough::

Oh i miss those hourly long matches in killzone 2 those were just epic.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

If Guerrilla recognizes where their multiplayer fell short compared to the top FPS games and make adjustments to adhere to some of the established standards while putting their own twist on certain aspects of it all, I'm sure they'll give us a solid experience. From what I've seen and read about the game so far they've done a lot to make the single player campaign NOT feel like just any other trigger squeezer on rails. So I'm hoping they listened to feedback in the multiplayer as well. Killzone 2's multiplayer wasn't bad but it was definitely overshadowed by the likes of Modern Warfare.

Killzones biggest problem is that it only comes out every 2 or 3 years. Killzone 2 was the best online FPS last gen, but trying to keep the masses interested just does not work when you can't keep the hype going 8 months of the year. COD was the same experience over, and over, and over, and over, but come march they were always talking about the next installment. People want something fresh, and attention spans are getting shorter and shorter. Sony will never whore Killzone, so it will never stand up to the clockwork competition.

Since I will be enjoying regardless of the sales, I am really looking forward to it. Like the OP said, they have created a vast universe and can pull tons of content from it. There are plenty of tech options they could throw in that would make this game very Titanfall like, and that would be a major boost in the eyes of the mainstream players.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Have you ever seen a Killzone as grand as Killzone is looking right now? I hope the multiplayer is spectacular.

Obviously sales have no direct relation to graphical quality when it comes to FPS.