By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)

I'd consider any kind of PS lead in the US a big win, 4:1 seems like a pipe dream. If these numbers were taken from preliminary numbers around E3-time, I might believe it.

Around the Network

I have a hard time believing this, 2:1 might be more reasonable. I am really looking forward to first 6 months of sales for these consoles.

For Sony if 18 months from now in North America they have even achieved parity with Microsoft they'd be in amazing position. Leading would simply assure they'll sell more systems.

prayformojo said:

I believe I called it. People who are too young to remember or have short attention spans, Playstation DOMINATED the US for more then a decade (1995-2006). I know it's a very small sample size, but in MY personal life and working in retail for the last few years, I have seen a sea shift towards the Playstation 3. It's really weird because from 2006-2009ish, just SAYING "PS3" was difficult without it being met with disdain. Now, it seems like every where I look, kids are playing Playstation again lol.

This generation is going to be to Sony what the PS1 generation was. They're going to win the US and win by a large margin. Whether it's due to their competitors failures, their genius, or both, that's the way I see it going this gen.

Playstation is back.

This. QFT

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

@DialgaMarine
I'm 32 and started gaming on the Atari 2600. I remember Playstation dominance and there were many reasons why this was so. Third party exclusives, media, etc. Sony doesn't have these advantages over Microsoft. There is a 0% chance of PS4 dominating the Xbox One in America. A tie is the best they can hope for. I'm talking lifetime sales.

I just can't wait to see the release dates of PS4 and XO. If it turns out to be true that PS4 hits the market in October and XO isn't out till for example late November, I wonder how big of a headstart would that give to PS4. This sure as hell is going to be an exciting time :) Still, I think we'll have to wait till February-March, to really judge which console is going to be "the sh!t" early in the gen (though there is a heavy favourite).

I think that if MS loses NA, they'll just leave the business at some point and won't make a console again. If they draw, they may keep on fighting, depending how much they earn from the services in XO.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

No its a 0% chance that Sony dominates in the USA. Quote my comment all you want but Microsoft won't let it happen unless they want out of the gaming business.

tuscaniman99 said:
No its a 0% chance that Sony dominates in the USA. Quote my comment all you want but Microsoft won't let it happen unless they want out of the gaming business.

Anybody could make such a statement about most things. I am sure you wrote it not even believing it yourself.

deskpro2k3 said:
I didn't pre-order mine fast enough :(

They are still taking PS4 preorders. I have a feeling at launch demand will trump preorders. That and if Black Friday comes soon enough PS4's and Xboxes will be flooding out of stores in America (but PS4's even moreso WW).

mortimer added this today in the CBOAT thread..

" Suddenly my post yesterday about preorders being 4 to 1 don't seem quite so crazy.

Or maybe they still do. Shit's the truth though. Microsoft is looking at some pretty grim data and reacting strongly to it.

Which, for the record, makes them smarter than 2006 sony."

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

tuscaniman99 said:

America largely follows the most popular platform and games with the most commercial hype. Currently the company with the best shot at America based on price and offerings is Sony. Halo is one game and MS has only two other possible shining stars this time in Titan Fall (which isnt really exclusive because PC has it) and possibly the Black Tusk game. If it comes down to the Black Tusk game MS will max out their possible amount of gamers to shooters by 12-14 million. If they have diversified heavy hitters, then it will be a much closer race with Sony this time.