By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)

Shinobi-san said:
NYANKS said:
Wright said:
NYANKS said:
Wright said:
JoeTheBro said:

Crazy train ass is like 99% right. The few things he gets wrong are from stuff changing behind the scenes. What that guy says is thruthfact.

But crazy train is not the 100% of NeoGaf. He just boost stadistics to their side! See, that's the beauty of maths.

I also said some of those guys, not the aggregate of neogaf, that's the beauty of reading comprehension.

So part of those guys have Crazy Buttocks's level when it comes to accuracy?

I think many on there think Buttocks is Adam Sessler or someone even more privy to info.  But there's a small group of people who are right enough to make you seriously wonder.  Like some are probably at like 70% or higher I'd say.  But you're right, most people are just posers who guess randomly or people who scour the site until one of the big posters say something epic lol. 

I just like that they qualify their statements, they admit things change quickly or they state whenever they're making a jump in logic. 

And don't we have someone on this site who is supposed to be a higher up in Gamestop who confirmed that PS4 is doing significantly better?  Can someone help me out with the name, I'm drawing a ridiculous blank...

BenV!

Yes! Thanks Shinobi, someone get BenV on the line!  He probably won't give any exact numbers, but he might be able to tell us the trends lately...

Around the Network

If this is anywhere near true then it would again point to X1 having production issues whilst Sony are churning out consoles.

@pezus
People will be pretty pissed off if they don't get their paid for launch consoles at launch. Sony would be wise not to over promise. If I don't get my Xbox One at launch I will be super pissed.

It depends on how many of each console are available for launch, as they will both sell out. But we will see how likely this is.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I didn't pre-order mine fast enough :(

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
DietSoap said:
The ratio of PS2s to Xbox in NA was 3.4 to 1, considerably lower than what famousmortimer is proposing with PS4 to One 4 to 1.

Just further food for thought.

That was for lifetime sales. It's perfectly reasonable to assume that the hardcore gamers, who will be the ones pre-ordering, prefer the PS4 over the Xbone (which seems likely looking at the reputation the Xbone has online).

For life time sales though yes, it's almost impossible for the PS4 to have a 4:1 ratio without MS buggering up big time. As far as pre-orders go it’s a fairly plausible situation, if perhaps a little unordinary. 

I preordered mine day of E3. You will see me on the news if I dont get it day 1.

I just can't believe this sorry. Still think Xbox will win in the US.

if sony launches in October, by the end of this year, PS4 might have surpassed WII u in ltd sales

mM
sully1311 said:

I just can't believe this sorry. Still think Xbox will win in the US.

399 vs 499

and massive brand damage...

almost (almost) a flip from last gen... 599 vs 399 and massive brand damage dropped sony to #3 behind microsoft and nintendo in the U.S

mM