By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Spidey 3's Global Domination

http://movies.ign.com/articles/785/785031p1.html

now if they only could make a good spidey game. 

Around the Network

Sony - Columbia One more reason to buy Blu-Ray instead of HDDVD.

kber81 said:
Sony - Columbia One more reason to buy Blu-Ray instead of HDDVD.

Spidey box set would be cool!

Yea but they know crap like this doesn't have to be good to sell. Companies of all kinds like to feed consumers the same thing over and over again so the product becomes familiar which is in general what people like.

I'm going to add myself to the ever-growing box office total...because my friends are seeing it, and it doesn't look like a terrible movie. I'm not really excited at all though. The first Spiderman wasn't too bad. The second one was kinda sucky in my opinion. This third one looks just like the second except way over-the-top...I'm not really looking forward to it. Of course that doesn't matter, because if I pay to see it, that means I support the movie, and therefore want another Spiderman movie! err... I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for more "The Dark Knight" info. They've closed off a part of downtown to film it, and I keep wanting to go over and see if I can spot Heath Ledger as the Joker or something, hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I liked the second movie even more than the first (the special effects in the second seemed to be a lot better, and I liked the fighting scenes more) so I'm really looking forward to seeing Spiderman 3 in the theater (movies like that have to be seen on the big screen).

As for a Spiderman game, when I played Crackdown I kept thinking how good an engine it would make for Spiderman if it was modified to make boss encounters more compelling.

ps.  I think a copy of the game Spiderman 3 for the 360 was leaked on the net (maybe it has already been released in Europe).  Has anyone played it or knows someone that has and could give some feedback on if it's any good or not?

Oh, well if you're just going for the fighting scenes, then yeah, Spiderman isn't too bad. Although, even then, Green Goblin throwing those stars at Spiderman in slow motion? Yeah, I've never seen that before... I'm gonna see 3 in IMAX, just cause if the movie's going to be any good at all, might as well see it super-sized.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm going for the story as well.  The Spider-Man movies are extremely well made and with a great director so I know going in that I won't be disappointed (the same can be said for the new Batman movies).  Maybe you might enjoy the third one more than the others.  One thing I like is that they have remained pretty faithful to the source material, or at least close enough that the hardcore Spider-Man fans don't seem to be complaining.  The only thing I might have done different is possibly cast Topher Grace as Spider-Man, he seems to give off a Spider-Man vibe, but who knows Tobey Maguire may have done a lot better job in the role than Topher might have.

From the sounds of the reviews I expect a lot of people are going to be disapointed with this movie ...

Certainly it's no Matrix 2 or Starwars Episode 1 but it sounds like the quailty of the first 2 movies was not maintained in this movie ...

I tend to ignore the critics, especially when it comes to big budget popcorn flicks. That being said I just looked on Rotten Tomatoes and it's getting some really positive reviews (it seems to be mixed overall though, 69 reviews recommending it and 37 being disappointed).