By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon: The Origin, anime based on RED, confirmed (with trailer!)

Tagged games:

Who is your favorite Pokémon protagonist?

RED 102 88.70%

ash 8 6.96%

What's a poky-man? 5 4.35%

Total:115

Around the Network

^ Underwater battles?

A few more gifs from the trailer:

New article on Siliconera!

"Note that it isn’t confirmed just yet whether this will be an ongoing series or some sort of one-off TV special."

"We also get [...] the quote, “The beginning of it all. The world of Pokémon Red and Green will be revived with a new original animation!”"

And I found a neat poster, too! It's in the OP!

Note that it isn’t confirmed just yet whether this will be an ongoing series or some sort of one-off TV special.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/16/pocket-monsters-the-origins-first-trailer-shows-many-familiar-faces/#HJhoBacHd9hcG3kP.

man this, this is just so awesome, GREEN (BLUE) IS SO AWESOME

That actually sounds pretty interesting. Might give it a watch.

Around the Network

tbone51 said:

What is all of this new game footage? What's up in this pic?

Saw the trailer, wish they went with a slightly darker and grittier tone. This has potential to be a hit with the older fan base and would be more interesting if they catered towards that type of audience. Well, at least some of the nostalgia factor seems to be there, like that awesome Blastoise. And that classic Pokemon Red opening.

the_dengle said:
tbone51 said:

What is all of this new game footage? What's up in this pic?

its the pokemon show!!! i need to search for MOREEEEE!

TheKoreanGuy said:
Saw the trailer, wish they went with a slightly darker and grittier tone. This has potential to be a hit with the older fan base and would be more interesting if they catered towards that type of audience. Well, at least some of the nostalgia factor seems to be there, like that awesome Blastoise. And that classic Pokemon Red opening.

We really can't tell much about the tone from this short preview, most of what we see is very early "just got my starter" stuff so it makes sense that it would be pretty light. It's certainly still going to be Pokémon, but I just hope it respects the intelligence of its audience more than the regular series.

I know a lot of people would like to see Pokémon look like this, but frankly it'll never happen.