By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA Humble Bundle passes 1 million sales

Tagged games:

So did you get the bundle?

Yes - was worth it and what a steal! 18 60.00%

No - I hate EA and boycot... 5 16.67%

What the....this is news to me. 7 23.33%

Total:30

I'm tempted to call this a cynical business move on their part, but the fact EA are raking in none of the profits themselves leads me to be fairly charitable about the whole thing.

I bought it, and I don't regret it, and I hope it breaks $10 million.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

That's awesome. I did my part!

pezus said:

@Mythmake: While EA do benefit from this, surely, it's still a very good move from them. I think some people will never be pleased with anything EA do

Indeed. Giving money to charity is always good, and this was a rare guilt-free purchase. I suspect their goal here, aside from good PR and maybe an honest desire to be charitable, was to try and get people to create Origin accounts in hopes they'll become regular customers later on. 

Mythmaker1 said:
pezus said:

@Mythmake: While EA do benefit from this, surely, it's still a very good move from them. I think some people will never be pleased with anything EA do

Indeed. Giving money to charity is always good, and this was a rare guilt-free purchase. I suspect their goal here, aside from good PR and maybe an honest desire to be charitable, was to try and get people to create Origin accounts in hopes they'll become regular customers later on. 

Also notice the bundle includes Deadspace and Deadspace 3 (maybe you'll like them and buy Deadspace 2 later....) or maybe you'll like Battlefield 3 and pickup 4 later, etc. Getting their games out there is never a bad thing.

This is a rare nice move by EA, I bought it even though I may never get around to playing any of these games (Mirror's Edge is the only one that really tempts me to be honest) because I like to support the humble bundle and a small part of me wants to see how massive my backlog can get :)

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

Maybe EA will be humbled by those numbers. ^^

Around the Network

It's really sad that the average is $4.80 for 8 games knowing full well most of it goes straight to charity.
Less than a dollar per charity.

SSJGohan3972 said:
Mythmaker1 said:
pezus said:

Also notice the bundle includes Deadspace and Deadspace 3 (maybe you'll like them and buy Deadspace 2 later....) or maybe you'll like Battlefield 3 and pickup 4 later, etc. Getting their games out there is never a bad thing.

This is a rare nice move by EA, I bought it even though I may never get around to playing any of these games (Mirror's Edge is the only one that really tempts me to be honest) because I like to support the humble bundle and a small part of me wants to see how massive my backlog can get :)

In the end, it's a nice deal, for a good cause, and everybody comes home happy.

It's good to see real competence in the industry these days. Especially EA, who can never seem to catch any good PR.

I will have to say, a lot of people are missing the obvious thing this accomplishes, in large most users will dust off origin and finally use it (At least for the non steam games). EA isn't completely doing this out of goodwill, they do benefit from this as well.

pezus said:
dsgrue3 said:
It's really sad that the average is $4.80 for 8 games knowing full well most of it goes straight to charity.
Less than a dollar per charity.

Some people are really only buying because it allows them to pay little money for good games and charity, which means higher sales and more income for the charities than if the base price was something like 10 or 20

I'm not concerned about the people who can barely afford to spend $5.

I'm concerned that it seems to be the majority...and I'd wager most of those people offer more substantial tips to their pizza delivery guy.

Damn you EA I hope yo.....!

Oh... wait. Yeah yeah one good thing.