By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Now that premil and Famitsu data is in... how are your bets looking?

this time i just wanted too see how it went, bets are pretty far off.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I think I'll still make about 100 off of it if not more.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I was completely off on SSBB, but my bet was pretty small on it (only 20vg$ for a total bet of 805vg$), so that's fine.
On the opposite, I was pretty much spot on on DMC4 (XBOX 360), M&S OG (DS), MP (DS), MHF2 (PSP) and Wii hardware, where my bets were quite high (40-50 vg$).
So, in the end, I should at least recover my money, and at best, make a profit of 150-200 vg$.

I hope the store used for the preliminary data was sold out of WiiFit, since I bet 300 vg$ on 110k for that. I would be really surprised if I didn't atleast break even on WiiFit. Either I didn't read the rules carefully enough, or it seems really hard to loose money on this game. Or maybe I have spoken too soon...
I bet 300 vg$ on Brawl at 600k so I should make a profit there as well. Was quite far of on DMC4 ps3 though (120k).

not to good because i only predicted wii fit and i left the others at 0

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

@thanny. I dont get you prediction as 100% off. From what i have read about the rules of betting, IOI would use a formula similar to below.

2(1-(√((PREDICTION-ACTUAL)/ACTUAL)²)).BET

The √ and ² would get rid of the negative numbers (if there are any) depending on whether you over estimate or underestimate.

This would give you this for your prediction.

2(1-((113,272-73,000)/73,000)).500

=448.33 VG$

So if MC numbers are correct you would get a 52 VG$ loss on that prediction.

If you are more than 100% off the final answer will be negative eg. -23.34 VG$ and so your earnings will be 0 VG$

PLEASE TELL ME IF MY UNDERSTANDING OF THIS IS WRONG

Meh...I bet only minimal ammount so I don't really care if I guessed it right or not. Hopefully we'll get the numbers SOON.