By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One vs. PS4 Graphics Showdown: The Rematch

All the comparitive points in your post are factually incorrect in favour of xbone

Here is a factual comparison
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638808

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
existenz2 said:
All the comparitive points in your post are factually incorrect in favour of xbone

Here is a factual comparison
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638808

Some of the more relevant bits:

Actually there is one thing missing there, the Xbox One has an Ethernet port and the PS4 doesn't. It's definitely not a deal breaker but i would have liked a Ethernet port on the PS4 aswell just in case.

walsufnir said:
darkknightkryta said:
JoeTheBro said:
Darth Tigris said:
Any advantage is theoretical until we see it affect a game. I just don't see the benefit of the sheer volume of discussion about this.

Seriously, a more meaningful discussion is Forza Motorsport 5's graphics in comparison to Driveclub's graphics. Of course I'm sure bias disguised as personal preference would even affect those discussions.

This is really going to be an annoying gen for the forums ...

Forza wins. DriveClub is doing way more real time stuff that technically is better, but who cares what the numbers say. It was smart for Forza to bake and fake a lot of things. Looks amazing!

Until you see the sun setting in DriveClub while you drive(Atleast I hope they have that).

Xbox fans don't have to be jealous, Forza Horizon is already doing it.

Forza 5 isn't though.

darkknightkryta said:
walsufnir said:
darkknightkryta said:
JoeTheBro said:
Darth Tigris said:
Any advantage is theoretical until we see it affect a game. I just don't see the benefit of the sheer volume of discussion about this.

Seriously, a more meaningful discussion is Forza Motorsport 5's graphics in comparison to Driveclub's graphics. Of course I'm sure bias disguised as personal preference would even affect those discussions.

Forza wins. DriveClub is doing way more real time stuff that technically is better, but who cares what the numbers say. It was smart for Forza to bake and fake a lot of things. Looks amazing!

Until you see the sun setting in DriveClub while you drive(Atleast I hope they have that).

Forza 5 isn't though.

Yes, 60fps costs a lot.

walsufnir said:
darkknightkryta said:
walsufnir said:
darkknightkryta said:
JoeTheBro said:
Darth Tigris said:

Forza 5 isn't though.

Yes, 60fps costs a lot.

Yeah and I was meantioning that dynamic lighting vs 60fps is worth it.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
walsufnir said:

Yes, 60fps costs a lot.

Of course you do :) But the comparison is still kinda weird as Forza and DC are really different games. And they better have decent lighting tech because Horizon set the bar very high.

For a sim-racer I will always take 60fps over less faked lighting.

CGI-Quality said:
Darth Tigris said:

Speaking of "bias", shouldn't you be calling out the OP, since this entire debacle started there?

You could try, but remember when you point a finger at someone there are four pointing back at you.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

TimCliveroller said:
The situation is quite funny: many "well-instructed" people in the technical arts and they still have no clue about what they' talking about. Most of this stuff is wishful thinking. There are no hard facts yet, only company propaganda; just wait for the consoles to be released and get dissected. Even then, some will probably not accept the situation.

True, very true!

But they will find something else to whine or complain about.  And unless some rather serious issue can get fixed, the way it looks now, they are going to start complaining about something completely trivial, like the size of the power-supply, or something silly like that.

Just a few more months to go.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

walsufnir said:
darkknightkryta said:
walsufnir said:

Yes, 60fps costs a lot.

Of course you do :) But the comparison is still kinda weird as Forza and DC are really different games. And they better have decent lighting tech because Horizon set the bar very high.

For a sim-racer I will always take 60fps over less faked lighting.

They are.  I'd be happy if they just change the lighting as you drive, like GT 5 did it in some tracks.  Driving while the sun sets is very nice.

Depends, I actually think you can get away with a smaller frame rate for a sim racer.  It's very difficult to stay at top speed in those games cause of turns.  I find 60fps help more with the arcade racers that need the speed over everything.  Stuff like Whipeout and F-Zero, those benefit the most I feel.

CGI-Quality said:
Darth Tigris said:

Speaking of "bias", shouldn't you be calling out the OP, since this entire debacle started there?

It's full of all kinds of opinions, and bias is definitely involved.  But ultimately I think the end of his conclusion is sound:

"Truth is, these two systems are virtually identical, and they are a more even match than we've ever seen in past console wars.  Don't count on either system having a significant edge on the hardware level.  Most likely, game developers themselves will be a much bigger variable in their games' graphics than the machines they're running on."

For all his bias, that was the most sensible thing he wrote.  But that doesn't help anyone feel superior and doesn't fill forums with pages of traffic and debate, so ...