Awesome!! Day one. 82 23.03%

Meh. Don't care. 53 14.89%

Sony, WTF are you doing with Vita? 182 51.12%

See results. 39 10.96%

Total:356
Cobretti2 said:
kitler53 said:
Xxain said:
Considering SONY's marketing routes for Vita. This Makes no sense. This would be great for youngsters but SONY cut them out. This would great for female's but they were cut out too. There is no community for this on Vita.

the only way to have that gaming community on a system is to create games for that community to play.. 

if the OP was about bayonetta 2 i could easily edit your post to say..

Considering NINTENDO's marketing routes for wiiU. This Makes no sense. This would be great for the core but NINTENODO cut them out. This would great for teenagers but they were cut out too. There is no community for this on wiiU.

..but again, if you never make a game then the gamer for that type of game will never come.  it might not "make sense" but at least they are trying to reach out to more than their existing user bases.

Funny when a developer does this on a Sony platform it is  about trying to reach to a new audience, yet on a Nintendo system developers shoudn't release their games because there is no audience.

On topic I am sorry but if some of the comments in this thread are genuine and not jokes then there is a lot of dellusional fanboys showing their colours today.

not so funny as you completely ignoring the post that states sony shouldn't release this game as there is no audience when it's contained within the quote train in your post.  there were plenty of nintendo fans posting my exact rebuttle post against the exact hater post to which i rebuttled in the bayonetta threads.  not to mention that the use of plurality in the sentence you bolded shows i was talking about both sony and nintendo in the last paragraph. selective reading at it's best..

..and don't call me a fanboy.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
So basically, Nintendogs "copied" pet simulators from the PC etc and expanded on them with additional content.

Perfectly acceptable wow amaze!

A small studio "copies" pet simulators from the PC, inc additional enhancements Nintendogs had, adds even more stuff to it.

LOL COPYING NINTENDO AGAIN! The hypocrisy of some people is laughable.

Spot on.

Come on Sony... you should have learnt from Playstation All Stars that trying to rip off Nintendo's franchises doesn't work

And Pets? Really? Your gamers are way to hardcore for that

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JWeinCom said:

Sony is not going to beat Nintendo in the kids market anymore than the Wii U is going to become the favorite console among COD fans.  Sony's money would be better used for trying to attract older gamers who lean more towards action/shooting games.

So you are saying, Sony should not even try to release games that appeal to kids? Broaden their target audience? Why are so many people afraid about competition?

And Sony doesn't have to "beat" Nintendo in kids market. It's no game that ends if someone "wins".

MikeRox said:
JWeinCom said:
Gehirnkrampf said:
JWeinCom said:

...If you're a kid, are you going to buy the system with Playstation Vita Pets, Little Big Planet, PSASBR, and Ratchet and Clank, or are you going to buy the system with Nintendogs, Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Lego City Undercover, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Donkey Kong Country, Style Savvy, etc?  ...

they also have sly, tearaway, jak and daxter, rayman (ok, also on 3ds), mickey and some good psn games which should appeal to younger gamers...

it has a pretty good lineup i'd say!

Rayman is available on the 3DS as well as everything else, and it's not really a system seller.  Epic Mickey didn't sell well on any system, and 3DS has an Epic Mickey too.  The sly cooper franchise, judging by its sales, are not relevant to kids or anyone else.  Jak and Daxter collection will appeal to fans of the franchise, but those fans are long grown by now.  I haven't seen enough of Tearway to really judge.  If you honestly think this can compete with the 3DS's lineup then.... well, you're wrong.

Rayman Legends is coming to 3DS? This argument is fantastic. Why did anyone ever buy more than one console? Not everyone has the same tastes in gaming. Kids with ps3s will be more interested in Sony franchises.

On this logic why did anyone ever buy any system? Because a previous one always had more games.

First off, he was talking about Rayman Origins which was clear since he mentioned it was on the 3DS.  And lets not pretend Rayman is a system seller for any console

A lot of people, especially kids who don't have monies, are going to choose one system over the other.  In that case, for most kids (especially the kind that would be into Sonydogs) would clearly choose the 3DS.

But take the 3DS out of the equation, and the point stil stands.  People buy multiple consoles, because the consoles have multiple games (typically exclusives or at least games that aren't available on older or more popular console) that they like.  The Vita does not have a good library of kids games, with or without Sonydogs, so they won't buy the system.  If you don't believe me, look at the Vita's sales.

Around the Network
Cosmo said:
MikeRox said:
So basically, Nintendogs "copied" pet simulators from the PC etc and expanded on them with additional content.

Perfectly acceptable wow amaze!

A small studio "copies" pet simulators from the PC, inc additional enhancements Nintendogs had, adds even more stuff to it.

LOL COPYING NINTENDO AGAIN! The hypocrisy of some people is laughable.

Spot on.

This is the exact same thing as PSAS all over again. Nintendo didn't invent the mascot fighter, either, but it's clear which one Sony used as the framework of their own. Same thing here.

I also don't recall anyone on this particular site calling Nintendogs "amazing."

And you have to admit, this is pretty funny.

Conina said:
JWeinCom said:

Sony is not going to beat Nintendo in the kids market anymore than the Wii U is going to become the favorite console among COD fans.  Sony's money would be better used for trying to attract older gamers who lean more towards action/shooting games.

So you are saying, Sony should not even try to release games that appeal to kids? Broaden their target audience? Why are so many people afraid about competition?

And Sony doesn't have to "beat" Nintendo in kids market. It's no game that ends if someone "wins".

That's precisely what I'm saying.  I'm not afraid of competition, because Sony isn't much competition in this sector and I don't own stock in Nintendo.  Sony is so far behind Nintendo in this area that there is virtually no chance of catching them.  There is no chance of them coming anywhere near them.  In addition, Sony simply isn't very good at appealing to this market.  Sony really hasn't had a breakout hit in this market in years, aside from Little Big Planet.

If Sony wants the Vita to succeed the absolute worst thing they could do is try to compete with the 3DS, especially in regards to kids game.  It's a battle that they're simply going to lose, especially considering the huge head start the 3DS has in install base and software.  If the Vita is going to be successful it has to carve out its own niche for itself.  The best way to do that is to try and convince COD and Madden gamers that portable gaming is something cool and worthwhile, not by trying to do what made Nintendo a success.

I'll put it this way.  Suppose you're setting up a restaurant that's right next to the most famous and beloved Pizzeria in a neighborhood.  You've never really cooked pizza, but you're great at making Mexican food.  So, are you going to try to open up a pizzeria hoping to steal customers from the pizza place, or are you going to play to your strengths and open a Mexican restaurant?

I don't think this will sold even a half million but if it was created by Nintendo it would sold millions and millions

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

I don't think this will sold even a half million but if it was created by Nintendo it would sold millions and millions

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

This is probably an early leak of the big surprise for Vita on PS Gamescom conference.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David