By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What countries are confirmed for PS4 launch?

outlawauron said:

Which would be sad. Hopefully they don't delay the Japanese release by more than a month or so.

To be fair Japanese consoles launch happens in December.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
ethomaz said:
In Sony earning documents.

+ US
+ EU

In Sony specific countries.

+ Canada
+ Brasil
+ Mexico
+ India
+ Australia

The big if is Japan and Asia.

Which would be sad. Hopefully they don't delay the Japanese release by more than a month or so.

Do people in Japan even want a PS4, what games are they gonna play? I say sony just focus on the Vita this holiday. The japanese console market is dying and PS4 has a more ill fitting launch line up then the PSVita and the Wii U.

teigaga said:
outlawauron said:
ethomaz said:

+ US
+ EU

+ Canada
+ Brasil
+ Mexico
+ India
+ Australia

Do people in Japan even want a PS4, what games are they gonna play? I say sony just focus on the Vita this holiday. The japanese console market is dying and PS4 has a more ill fitting launch line up then the PSVita and the Wii U.

let them choose  what games they want to buy and when. they know ff15 and kh3 are coming.

Max King of the Wild said:
Why does it matter? If it isnt in your country you can import it if you are really that desperate to own a next gen system unlike the x1 since you need to download the day 1 patch

I don't know why you felt the need to bring up the Xbox One in a thread that has nothing to do with it. 

I want to buy my PS4 around Q2 2014, so I can live with a bit of a delay in Europe. I kinda think that a whole worldwide launch would be incredibly impressive, but it may be impossible to achieve. Can't wait for Gamecom.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

You can preorder it here in the UAE but the retailers aren't sure if it will release this year.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

teigaga said:
outlawauron said:
ethomaz said:

+ US
+ EU

+ Canada
+ Brasil
+ Mexico
+ India
+ Australia

Japan waited 1.5 years before it had a big title. Didn't stop the PS3 from being successful.

And nothing like ignoring to region to have a self-fulfilling prophecy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
teigaga said: Do people in Japan even want a PS4, what games are they gonna play? I say sony just focus on the Vita this holiday. The japanese console market is dying and PS4 has a more ill fitting launch line up then the PSVita and the Wii U.

Japan waited 1.5 years before it had a big title. Didn't stop the PS3 from being successful.

The PS3 sold like crap though and its launch line up was more japanese orientated with titles like Genji, Ridge Racer, Gundam and Armoured Core. 

Also its not ignoring a region, its simply launching a few months later, prioritising other regions first. 

teigaga said:
outlawauron said:
teigaga said: Do people in Japan even want a PS4, what games are they gonna play? I say sony just focus on the Vita this holiday. The japanese console market is dying and PS4 has a more ill fitting launch line up then the PSVita and the Wii U.

The PS3 sold like crap though and its launch line up was more japanese orientated with titles like Genji, Ridge Racer, Gundam and Armoured Core. 

Also its not ignoring a region, its simply launching a few months later, prioritising other regions first. 

Crossfire was a horrible game and sold poorly because of it.

The first decent Gundam game didn't hit till April 2007.

It also didn't launch with Armored Core and Genji or Ridge Racer are not big or popular games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
teigaga said:
outlawauron said:

Crossfire was a horrible game and sold poorly because of it.

The first decent Gundam game didn't hit till April 2007.

It also didn't launch with Armored Core and Genji or Ridge Racer are not big or popular games.

Cross fire, Ridge Racer and Genji are still far bigger in japan then Killzone and anything else sony currently have announce for PS4. TGS may change this but currently the PS3's japanese launch line is superior to the PS4s, no question. 

Sony have rightly focused on appealing to western markets because that is where the numbers are, whilst japanese developers are focusing on the handhelds and the PS3.