By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Reasons Xbox One is the console to own this christmas.

Would you attempt to mod or make an Xbox One game yourself

Yes 48 17.52%

No 139 50.73%

No but I'll play others creations and mods 40 14.60%

Modding sucks and its poi... 47 17.15%

Total:274

The Xbox One is really looking like an amazing system. From every aspect. Games, multimedia  and socially.

1. $499 gets you a full blown Dev kit. Making a full mod comunity a real posibility for the first time in console history.

2.Massive focus on core gamers. Hugely varied first year lineup. Big budget AAA games.

3. Not only is the console a dev kit, but comes with 3 different control methods out of the box at no extra cost.

4. Powerful insides with the ability out of the box to take advantage of Cloud rocessing as that becomes moree and more accessible over the next 2-3 years.

5. The ability to handle true multitasking and instant switching.

6. Innovations like pulse triggers on the controller and a revolution in rumble feedback.

7. HDMI in/out. Big possibilities here through software.

8. Xbox Live Arcade. Its untouchable, especially now dev kits are available to everyone. Microsofts investment into XBLA games like Brothers : A Tale of Two sons is incredible. XBLA has so many higgh budget exclusives this gen and next.

9. XBL ecosystem and  userbase.

10. HAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO

Around the Network
Multimedialover said:

The Xbox One is really looking like an amazing system. From every aspect. Games, multimedia  and socially.

1. $499 gets you a full blown Dev kit. Making a full mod comunity a real posibility for the first time in console history.

2.Massive focus on core gamers. Hugely varied first year lineup. Big budget AAA games.

3. Not only is the console a dev kit, but comes with 3 different control methods out of the box at no extra cost.

4. Powerful insides with the ability out of the box to take advantage of Cloud rocessing as that becomes moree and more accessible over the next 2-3 years.

6. Innovations like pulse triggers on the controller and a revolution in rumble feedback.

8. Xbox Live Arcade. Its untouchable, especially now dev kits are available to everyone. Microsofts investment into XBLA games like Brothers : A Tale of Two sons is incredible. XBLA has so many higgh budget exclusives this gen and next.

$499 the extra cost is included in the price. MS has said the X1 is so expensive due to kinect.

Oh, I was sure, I'll find a thread with empty OP... My bad... (((

Moderated - Kresnik.

Robbie2010 said:
Multimedialover said:

$499 the extra cost is included in the price. MS has said the X1 is so expensive due to kinect.

$499 for a devkit, Kinect, Controller, Smartglass function and suddenly the Xbox One is to cheap

Sadly it's not coming to my country (Switzerland) this holiday, because of the translation of the dashboard and Kinect. The "interesting" part is that Switzerland has 3 official languages, which are German, French and Italian, and the X1 IS being released this holiday in Germany, France and Italy...

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

it means nothing until the kinectless sku comes out for me.

LiquorandGunFun said:

Not gonna happen. Unfortunately. Shame because would have been good to have you in our new Mod comunity thread coming up on The Ones launch.

Multimedialover said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

Not gonna happen. Unfortunately. Shame because would have been good to have you in our new Mod comunity thread coming up on The Ones launch.

i will when halo 5 comes out, but since the lastest news of not having to have the kinect connected to play on the xbo, i dont see why not at some point. to me it seems more likely of happening before halo 5 is released. who knows at this point.

LiquorandGunFun said:
Multimedialover said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

i will when halo 5 comes out, but since the lastest news of not having to have the kinect connected to play on the xbo, i dont see why not at some point. to me it seems more likely of happening before halo 5 is released. who knows at this point.

I think it will split te demographic. So they wont do that. Same as Wii Mote on Wii was.

Considering what you get in the box ( dev kit, controller, headset, Kinect ) The price is amazing. Normally devkits cost $10,000 +.

I'll be looking forward to an Xbox One next year in time for Halo.