By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Twisted Metal Confirmed for PS3

4D Gamer III said:
What a dated franchise. It worries me to see Sony digging so deep in its archives to try and come up with worthwhile game to add to its PS3 library. Eitherway this holds more promise than Warhawk did, which was a mediocre half assed PS game and a fairly novel PS3 remake.

But there's no reason they shouldn't make it.

Thats awesome =D, someone brings up the Twisted Metal series comming to PS3, MANY people praise the fact and accept it as a great series to have brought up, and you consider it a panic attempt >_>; I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't be high time for this game to show up considering the new emphasis on Online gameplay, same goes for Warhawk, a game seemingly designed for online and or party play. How is this digging deep?

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Twisted metal on my ps3?....sweet

ChronotriggerJM said:
4D Gamer III said:
What a dated franchise. It worries me to see Sony digging so deep in its archives to try and come up with worthwhile game to add to its PS3 library. Eitherway this holds more promise than Warhawk did, which was a mediocre half assed PS game and a fairly novel PS3 remake.

Thats awesome =D, someone brings up the Twisted Metal series comming to PS3, MANY people praise the fact and accept it as a great series to have brought up, and you consider it a panic attempt >_>; I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't be high time for this game to show up considering the new emphasis on Online gameplay, same goes for Warhawk, a game seemingly designed for online and or party play. How is this digging deep?

The ones excited about it are Sony fans. But I'm not a Sony fan, so clearly my perspective isn't going to be the same. All I offered was an opinion and an observation. If that bothers you, then perhaps this website isn't the place for you.

If this was a closed discussion for Sony fanboys only, then I appologize for my intrusion, but perhaps next time you could label the thread "Sony fanboys only" to save people like me the trouble of trying to have a discussion about something that isn't blind high fiving.

Oh and before anyone tries it, I didn't bring Nintendo into this discussion you guys did.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.
4D Gamer III said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
4D Gamer III said:

The ones excited about it are Sony fans. But I'm not a Sony fan, so clearly my perspective isn't going to be the same. All I offered was an opinion and an observation. If that bothers you, then perhaps this website isn't the place for you.

You would be in a Sony topic right? An annoucement was made, and the fans appreciate. Do you want more people in your Brawl forums telling you how much Brawl sucks? Generally we refer to these people as Trolls, or Pie Shitters lol. I mean honestly your statement was pretty far off of being remotely contructive. I'm glad you have your opinion of the titles, but I still fail to see how more games = Sony's desparate -_-

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
4D Gamer III said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
4D Gamer III said:

You would be in a Sony topic right? An annoucement was made, and the fans appreciate. Do you want more people in your Brawl forums telling you how much Brawl sucks? Generally we refer to these people as Trolls, or Pie Shitters lol. I mean honestly your statement was pretty far off of being remotely contructive. I'm glad you have your opinion of the titles, but I still fail to see how more games = Sony's desparate -_-

It was on the front page and I read it, simple as that. There is no arguing Twisted Metal got stale and faded off, but I never said it "sucked" or that this new version would suck. You're just over-reacting and exageration to force your plight of Sony victimization on me.

Not only is my modest response to the topic turned into an attack on the game, but Nintendo is brought into the discussion automatically as your defense. You're just too paranoid that anything that isn't blind praise is automatically defamation of Sony and clearly Nintendo stands in stark contrast as the opposition of choice to bring up in any discussion resulting there of.

I suspect desperation on Sony's part because of this huge resurgance in first party games, something they didn't need to bother with last generation when the PS2 had more than enough third party support to go around. This of course is only a theory so why you feel it such a threat is beyond me.

I never attacked the topic or anyone else in it. It was you and others like you upset that someone tried to interject the high fiving with something other than blind support.

Twisted Metal and Smash Brothers have nothing what-so-ever incommon so stop trying to compare them as if you have any ground to cry troll.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.
Around the Network

Next-gen Twisted Metal? Count me in.

I loved Twisted Metal 2 so I can't wait to see what the next game is like.

Hopefully he make things fresh for the game and I think a good idea would be if you could have "upgrades" between levels, like pay for more powerful or faster machine guns (they would appear bigger in the game), better handling or speed of vehicle (wheels would be larger, different treads), more slots to hold different kinds of ammo, and new abilities for vehicles (maybe somethine like this was implemented in a Twisted Metal game after TM2?).

Also it would be nice to be able to really personalize your vehicle like what can be done in other games like Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo series. I think it would be interesting because it could lead to clan logos and different color/looks that would be interesting and fun for online matches as long as people didn't cheat with designs that make the vehicle harder to spot, etc.

A worldwide leaderboard would also be nice for the game, it could do to car combat games what it did for FPS games.

Oh and a really good level editor like the one in Super Smash Brothers Brawl which could lead to keeping the game fresh and interesting online.

And downloadable content would be nice (new vehicles, levels, weapons, etc).

Anyways I'll shut up now.

I love Twisted Metal. Definitely need to play this. It's definitely making it harder to decide between a PS3 and a 360 though.

Oops had to add one me, a time distortion field weapon in the game like the one in Unreal Tournament 3 would be interesting. Imagine a car caught in midflight in one.

I used to love Twisted Metal, one of the game I most played in My ps1