By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Often Do You Buy Games?

How often do you buy a new game?

More than once a week 0 0%

Once a week 2 4.26%

Once every 2 weeks 9 19.15%

Once every 3 weeks 1 2.13%

Once a month 18 38.30%

I only buy a handful of games a year 10 21.28%

See results 7 14.89%

Total:47

I try to beat a game before I buy a new one, but I'm terrible at this.  If I ever see a game on sale or cheap on Amazon I pick it up because I don't want to miss the opportunity of getting it and its gotten so bad I got like 30+ games on my backlog and a lot of them are JRPGs that are 20-30+ hrs.  I've been trying to buy less games, but its hard when games like Tales of Xillia come out and I have to get it >.<.  So I'd say I get a new game every other week, I'm trying to lower it to once a month so I can actually finish the games on my backlog.

Around the Network

I will sometimes buy a lot of games in a short time, or sometimes go while without purchasing a single game.

Once a month.
And I know exactly what you mean, it's hard not to buy sometimes :p

If not every week every two weeks. This week I purchased a few older games like NFS and LBP for Vita, the week before Dragon's Crown, and the week before that Ni No Kuni. And yes, my backlog is a behemoth.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Most of the time once a month, I buy quite a lot of games day one

Around the Network

In average once a month i'd say, but i definitly buy more than twelve. I guess its more accurate to say: New games i buy an aproximate number of 12 a year. Usually less than that, but then i buy quite a few discounted ones aswell.

Since July of this year i have one game buy planned per month until the end of the year. After that we dont have firm release dates.

i tend to buy in spurts but on average about 1 a week between all systems. i'm terrible about not finishing games too.

when im interested

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Not counting the Steam games I bought in summer sale (about 10 euro).
A game every two months/quarter. I've only bought two games this year. It goes up though in the other half of the year.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Once a month. New games only around once every 3 months.