By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Often Do You Buy Games?

How often do you buy a new game?

More than once a week 0 0%

Once a week 2 4.26%

Once every 2 weeks 9 19.15%

Once every 3 weeks 1 2.13%

Once a month 18 38.30%

I only buy a handful of games a year 10 21.28%

See results 7 14.89%

Total:47

Highly depends on when games come out... For example in July... not even a single game... But in August I already got 3 games (Pikmen 3, Tales of Xilia, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

really depend was coming out but on average 1-2 games a mouth.

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

I used to buy games a lot, but now that my backlog is 60+ games, I try not to

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

A handful a year. I don't understand how anyone can buy a game every two weeks, expect to finish them all, and still maintain a normal social and professional life. Like I'm in college. I game a lot, but only when I'm not in class or doing homework or going to parties or hanging out with friends. I love video games, but with so many games costing 10-20 hours of dedication, I can't see how anyone can seriously invest that kind of time in gaming every two weeks, not to mention factoring in replay value and online multiplayer. Too much.

I can say, however, that although party games are the games I own the least of, I spend half of my "gaming" time playing the Mario Kart Wii's, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, lotl the Mario Sports games (especially Strikers for the Gamecube), Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, Injustice: God's Among Us (I know it's not a party game), and COD Blops II- local co-op. It's a way that I can mix my love of gaming with my social life. I have friends that are the girliest of girls who never owned a game console, for example, who will join in on an Injustice "tournament" and love it, because it becomes a social experience through video games rather than alienating media divided by "hardcore" and "casual" like it is now.

It's more of a college thing though. By living in dorms, it's really easy to get a big group of friends to come over and play in the first place. And I mean every day, not just on weekends. If you're in college and have friends come over regularly, A Wii U (or even just a Wii) is a good system to have if you want to meld gaming into your social life some more. Crazy replay value. And yeah, I also can't afford to spend money on games every two weeks, lol. Not on a college income anyway, unless I spent all my money on gaming. I'm not counting indie games/VC games though. Those I buy all the time because they're so cheap. Like once or twice a week.

Edit: Another thing for my to not is that I often times buy games in bulk when they go on sale. Like there was recently a sale on amazon for Wii U games. I bought like 5.

It depends really, I remember in 2010 I bought a crapload of games like Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell, Reach, God of War etc. but that was cause that was the best year for 360 game wise and I got a Ps3 in June so I started buying games for that too. And I purchased a lot of games this year cause of the crazy PSN and Xbox sales like Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2, etc. 

Overall, I haven't bought a game at regular price since Madden 10 lol, but I get atleast 5 games a year at launch cause of promos and stuff lol.