By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No online for MoH heroes 2 in Austalia.

EA hates Australia confirmed.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
Nebnosneh said:
The rumour going around is that EA removed multiplayer in the Australian version because they didn't want to set up a local server to handle it.

those lazy pricks.

Man, if that's true, I've lost what little respect I had for EA.

I'm really pissed

We pay more for our games and get this shite service in return 

Lazy bastards

Me said:
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/850/850297p1.html

reading between the lines and the lack of an offical comment - it seems like a cock up rather than an omission. Wouldn't be too suprised if there's a recall of some kind.

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080206013151AAVsIAd

Judging by these Yahoo questions it seems like the UK version has online play.

Given that the packaging has no wi-fi tag on it, I think it's a deliberate omission.

I suppose they might do a recall when the EA hatemail starts pouring in, but EA doesn't have much of a history of listening to its customer base.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Here's what UK gamers have to do to play this game online.

First thing, go to ea.com and register. I went to ea.com and electronicarts.co.uk just to make sure.

Then you need to go to:

ea.onlineregister.com

you need to log in with the details you registered with at ea.com (try and make ea.com and ea.co.uk the same username and password).

GO through the drop down boxes, select Wii, then Medal of Honour 2 Heroes.

It then asks for a code. At the back of the Manual on the last page. Page 12, you will see a code. type it in how you see it (with capital letters).

Then hit submit.

Within 24 hours you will get a confirmation..

Now, aslong as your router is setup like the back of the manual says.

When you get that confirmation and your title is registered, you can go in and get started playing Multiplayer.

I personally have only JUST done the registering of my game, so i am awaiting an email first. But i have spoken to a contact i have at EA and this is how its set up.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21611

Edit: This only works for the UK version of the game, Australian gamers such as myself will completly miss out on the online multi-player.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
^^^hey no american's allowed in this thread >:(

Can I join, please? We usually suffer the same <3

My European copy has on-line play

routsounmanman said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
^^^hey no american's allowed in this thread >:(

Can I join, please? We usually suffer the same <3

My European copy has on-line play

Well that must mean its all PAL verions dont have online, not just Australia.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

^Did you notice my post, Australia and Pal territories do have online play, it just involves a long and idiotic process to access it. Plus EA online games in Australia do not have the wi-fi symbol on the box.

Sol said:
^Did you notice my post, Australia and Pal territories do have online play, it just involves a long and idiotic process to access it. Plus EA online games in Australia do not have the wi-fi symbol on the box.

From what I've read (in that same thread you posted), that process is only possible with the UK version of it. While the AUS version has no online menu in the game... so going to that process is worthless since it isn't in the game.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"