By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Zero Punctuation Thread!!

quarashi said:
^^Pretty good, I like how there was a NG2 advert right after the episode.

It has been that way for a few episodes already.

The MGS4 review was great as always. :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

So is he going to have an email episode about that later on? He did mention the fans weren't going to like this.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

If he doesn't do a mailbag showdown on MGS4 then the bashing of CAD will definatly spark some controversy...

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I agree with pretty much everything from this episode on CAD...and I'm honestly a huge fan of the comic. It is the only web-comic I like and while I like how Tim mixes in character development and some serious issues in their lives this latest one just seems to have crossed a line in my mind.

Glad to see Yahtzee is back on the mark, there have been a few lately where I thought the formula might be getting a bit stale but the last 2 or 3 have been pretty awesome.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:

GENIUS! Much better than some of his previous reviews :D

CAD was good before it got too serious, now i have not laughed at cad for almost a year, so i agree with yahtzee on this

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I feel that Cad was right to try something diffrent its in the artist right for his work. personally if i did not believe so strongly in such a right, i would not continue to watch zero punctuation. this was not a review or a critisism, it was a petty squable. i can watch those here in forums i watch things like cad because i find them funny insightfull. It was always clear yahtzee had a problem with cad for some reason going back to eailier posts. though yahtzee seems to want videogames to be taken seriously as art he cant seem to say the same for comics

I would equate the abortion, to the dead bird from calvin and hobbes, or the possum strip, both very very sad, deal with death.

yahtzee also seems to have a problem with long dialog, also see calvin and hobbes, or drawing style see penutes. honestly this episode lowered my view of the man significantly

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:
I feel that Cad was right to try something diffrent its in the artist right for his work. personally if i did not believe so strongly in such a right, i would not continue to watch zero punctuation. this was not a review or a critisism, it was a petty squable. i can watch those here in forums i watch things like cad because i find them funny insightfull. It was always clear yahtzee had a problem with cad for some reason going back to eailier posts. though yahtzee seems to want videogames to be taken seriously as art he cant seem to say the same for comics

I would equate the abortion, to the dead bird from calvin and hobbes, or the possum strip, both very very sad, deal with death.

yahtzee also seems to have a problem with long dialog, also see calvin and hobbes, or drawing style see penutes. honestly this episode lowered my view of the man significantly

I can't speak for yahtzee but I don't think the problem is that he tried new things...its the super serious, and frankly depressing topic of miscarriage that was too much for me. Trying new things is good even if its a more serious something new, but sometimes when you try something new people don't like it.  Tim's responce on his forums was exactly right imo..he said "Everyone is entitled to their opinion" (might be a slight paraphrase).

As for not wanting comics to be taken seriously...well yeah they are comics...as in comedy.

To Each Man, Responsibility
goddog said:

Wasn't the CAD thing a miscarriage?  I haven't read his comics in years, but from what I've gathered a ton of people hate it now.  Has Yahtzee made fun of CAD before?  You said he has always had a problem with it.