By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite Final Fantasy town/city and best overall world

World: I liked FF8's it was soothing/Modern through and through. FF8,9,10 are all really close though. In FF7, the seperate cities always felt a bit less cohesive to me.

I actually think XIII's could have been the coolest if it actually explored it's world more. It is fairly well explained however you get to see very little of it occur. As the concept was pretty cool, but alas you only really explore Pulse, and only Hubs in XIII-2.

City: Midgar

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Now that I think about it FF8 had the most empty world in the whole series.

You didn't play Final Fantasy 8 did you?

OT: Winhill, FF8

Bristow9091 said:
finalfantasystud said:
never played 10 but zenarkland looks badass!!

Oh, you've not played it yet?

Will you be buying the HD remaster? Because I really would recommend it, and oh my lord, the soundtrack... the Zanarkand theme is absolutely beautiful... 

brings a tear to my eye everytime i hear it

darkknightkryta said:
Xxain said:
Now that I think about it FF8 had the most empty world in the whole series.

You didn't play Final Fantasy 8 did you?

OT: Winhill, FF8

I own FF8. outside of Esther and Balamb it has no cities worth speaking about compared go previous/future FF's

ktay95 said:
tonio_13 said:
FF IX by far, this world is so magic.

FF X has a fantastic world but sorry, to live under the pressure of Sin and Yu yevon is not my cup of taste ;)

FF VIII is too bland for me.

FF VII could be great but it reminds me too much our world.

FF XII surely is a contender. One of the less appreciated FF for me, but I have to admit its world is really great.

what about FFX-2, that place seems perfect

You are right, but in that place we have to deal with tons of loli and jpop, and shiva no longer exists there.

Around the Network
tonio_13 said:
ktay95 said:
tonio_13 said:

FF X has a fantastic world but sorry, to live under the pressure of Sin and Yu yevon is not my cup of taste ;)

FF XII surely is a contender. One of the less appreciated FF for me, but I have to admit its world is really great.

You are right, but in that place we have to deal with tons of loli and jpop, and shiva no longer exists there.

where are the loli's do you know what the word mean? and shiva is in the game...

brendude13 said:

Man, this is really difficult.

Town/City - Midgar (FFVII)
World - Gran Pulse/Cocoon (FFXIII)

I could end up changing this though.

FF VII is a wonderful game for sure and it's a pleasure to explore Midgar, but really you would like to live in a polluted megalopole filled with poverty and corruption ?

Kalm. Or Fisherman's Horizon.

ishiki said:
tonio_13 said:
ktay95 said:
tonio_13 said:

where are the loli's do you know what the word mean? and shiva is in the game...

lolipop, girly jpop you know. It means that for me not the sexual reference.

How shiva can be in the game ? knowing the end of FF X...

tonio_13 said:
brendude13 said:

Man, this is really difficult.

Town/City - Midgar (FFVII)
World - Gran Pulse/Cocoon (FFXIII)

I could end up changing this though.

FF VII is a wonderful game for sure and it's a pleasure to explore Midgar, but really you would like to live in a polluted megalopole filled with poverty and corruption ?

But it's so atmospheric!

You're right though, I should probably think of somewhere else.