By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - M-Create: 820k SSBB Sold

Looks like the DS will creep right back up there again next week. It'll be back to normal again for the charts in no time...

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
XiaoMay said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
In the top 10, there are 7 first week titles. 1 second week title. 1 4th week title and one 9th? week title. Who thinks Wii fit is going to > Brawl in every single territory?

Seeing Brawl > Wii Fit in Japan, I don't think your bet is correct...

Also, I don't know who said SSBM ONLY sold xxx units in Japan, because it's actually the best selling game on GC, meaning it had very strong sales...

a) wii fit is still supply constrained 9 weeks later...they can't make it as fast as they made brawl...wii fit should outsell brawl in all 3 areas, including japan...ur argument will be much stronger if brawl stops selling out when it reaches higher sales than wii fit when wii fit stops selling out....for now, wii fit has sold 1.3mil and is still sold out, so unless brawl sells more than 1.3mil before it stops being sold out, wii fit's launch was better...and wii fit should def have longer legs and sell more systems than brawl, in all territories

b) ssbm may have been best selling gc game in japan, but mkdd outsold it ww

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Well SSBB is just a game disc/case/manual so it should be easy for Nintendo to duplicate. With Wii Fit they have to have the actual board (in addition to the game) which is not easily reproduced. Wii Fit is usually out of stock whenever I go to a game store/electronics store. SSBB was also out of stock last time I checked a day or so ago. Could just be my local stores though.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Well SSBB is just a game disc/case/manual so it should be easy for Nintendo to duplicate. With Wii Fit they have to have the actual board (in addition to the game) which is not easily reproduced. Wii Fit is usually out of stock whenever I go to a game store/electronics store. SSBB was also out of stock last time I checked a day or so ago. Could just be my local stores though.

i think its around all of japan since famitsu reported a 95% sell through

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

MANUELF said:
SMG 28? WTF!!!!
SSBB it number is slow than I expected, but is a good number

SMG fell 11 spots.... but if you notice there are 11 new releases ahead of it on the charts so if it had not been for the new releases it would not have fallen at all. I expect its sales to remain steady from last week.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

^yeah...for some reason, the Japanese don't like SMG

so when is the hardware going to be up?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Wii 94,473

PSP 72,528

DS Lite 67,472

PS3 41,796

PS2 12,115

Xbox 360 6,060

[

Wii 94,473
PSP 72,528
DS Lite 67,472
PS3 41,796
PS2 12,115
Xbox 360 6,060

where did you get that from?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut