By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which System is going to have a Better game line up the rest of this year?

Zero999 said:
pokoko said:

It's unfortunate, but you do not appear to fully understand what the word "dead" means.  The Vita has several high quality games releasing this year.  That means calling it dead is pretty damned silly.  High quality games releasing = not dead.  I don't know how to explain it in more simple terms than that without the aid of puppets or pictures.  If you still can't understand by this point then I give up.

no big games released in 2 years and selling like crap = dead in my book.

Ah, is your book the same one that has the Wii U ahead of the PS3 and 360 for the rest of the year?

Around the Network
Seece said:

Nope, not bias, I say WiiU has the best out of all of them.

PS4, Driveclub, Killzone and Knack
X1, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse

Fixed

Project spark isnt exclusive and is f2p. And putting zoo tycoon doesn't make a difference.

I'd say the line ups are pretty close but the x1 does have bigger games brand wise. Anyways both line ups are pretty meh. 

Free to play PS4

pokoko said:
Zero999 said:
pokoko said:

It's unfortunate, but you do not appear to fully understand what the word "dead" means.  The Vita has several high quality games releasing this year.  That means calling it dead is pretty damned silly.  High quality games releasing = not dead.  I don't know how to explain it in more simple terms than that without the aid of puppets or pictures.  If you still can't understand by this point then I give up.

no big games released in 2 years and selling like crap = dead in my book.

Ah, is your book the same one that has the Wii U ahead of the PS3 and 360 for the rest of the year?

yes, but not starting imedeately. wii u will surely sell more than ps360 during the last 3 months of the year, maybe september too.

but what's the relevance of your question, again?

Seece said:
mutantclown said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Unless another launch game gets announced for PS4 at gamescom, people are smoking some whacky shit to think it's a better line up than X1!

I agree. Xone is at the price disadvantage + the DRM scar but in regard to exclusive titles, it's certainly above ps4 so far.

Why, Because Xbone has Forza? Why is KZ SF so easily dismissed? I can dismiss Forza 5 too If I want to, it's not that hard, you know? Those Forza games don't sell very well, actually Killzone games sell better, and they're pretty well scored by critics too (same as Forza games for the most part). What else the Xbone's got? Dead Rising 3? Does that game alone make the Xbone lineup vastly better as you say? No, it doesn't. And yes, there's Killer Instinct, but in all honesty, that one could still go either way as it really needs to prove itself before anything can be said about it. And how about all the F2P PS4 games available on launch? are all those easily swatted away too? do they not count for shit? what makes a F2P like KI so special to Xbone's lineup while a game like Warframe for PS4 is not? I think you both are very biased, and I would say both lineups are pretty even overall.

PS4, Driveclub, Killzone and Knack
X1, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Zoo Tycoon and Project Spark.

KI isn't free to play.

The only ones that look interesting in the Xbone list honestly.

Around the Network
Seece said:
mutantclown said:
Seece said:
mutantclown said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Unless another launch game gets announced for PS4 at gamescom, people are smoking some whacky shit to think it's a better line up than X1!

I agree. Xone is at the price disadvantage + the DRM scar but in regard to exclusive titles, it's certainly above ps4 so far.

Why, Because Xbone has Forza? Why is KZ SF so easily dismissed? I can dismiss Forza 5 too If I want to, it's not that hard, you know? Those Forza games don't sell very well, actually Killzone games sell better, and they're pretty well scored by critics too (same as Forza games for the most part). What else the Xbone's got? Dead Rising 3? Does that game alone make the Xbone lineup vastly better as you say? No, it doesn't. And yes, there's Killer Instinct, but in all honesty, that one could still go either way as it really needs to prove itself before anything can be said about it. And how about all the F2P PS4 games available on launch? are all those easily swatted away too? do they not count for shit? what makes a F2P like KI so special to Xbone's lineup while a game like Warframe for PS4 is not? I think you both are very biased, and I would say both lineups are pretty even overall.

PS4, Driveclub, Killzone, Knack, Warframe, DC Universe Online.
X1, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse

KI IS free to play.

FIXED for you. Zoo Tycoon and Project Spark are not confirmed for DAY ONE. If you want to include "launch window" tittles then I will tell you there are plenty more for PS4 from indie developers coming on launch window too. And Killer Instinct was announced as f2P, and I haven't seen anywhere saying that changed, if you have the link that would be appreciated. Either way, both lineups are even, I don't see why you brought Wii U into this since that's not what I'm arguing about here.

No, KI is not free to play, I somehow doubt you've done research on it (this was actually cleared up just after E3) It has a demo with all stages unlocked and one character to play with, and a full version release.

Zoo Tycoon and Project Spark are launch titles for 2013, where in the OP does it say it has to be launch day? Warframe and DC Universe are pretty weak, which is why I didn't include Lococyle and Max Brotherhood on the X1 list.

You said I was bias'ed I said I wasn't and pointed out which I thought had the better line up for the year, WiiU.

PS4's line up is just not inspiring, the only decent looking game is Killzone.

I daresay the only decent looking game for Xbone is Forza 5, and that's that.

mutantclown said:
Seece said:

No, KI is not free to play, I somehow doubt you've done research on it (this was actually cleared up just after E3) It has a demo with all stages unlocked and one character to play with, and a full version release.

Zoo Tycoon and Project Spark are launch titles for 2013, where in the OP does it say it has to be launch day? Warframe and DC Universe are pretty weak, which is why I didn't include Lococyle and Max Brotherhood on the X1 list.

You said I was bias'ed I said I wasn't and pointed out which I thought had the better line up for the year, WiiU.

Killer Insinct and Dead Rising 3 are getting very good feedback, so your projecting your personal tastes onto the line up.

Killzone doesn't interest me whatsoever, but I can see it's a quality title. Driveclub may impress, but the likelyhood it's on par or better than Forza? please, this is a proven team time and time again. And Knack, that's getting no good press, on the same level as Ryse, but at least Ryse is pretty!

Also to the guy above saying it isn't exclusive, it doesn't matter, the title says 'games line up' not exclusive line up. X1 has Zoo Tycoon (which yes, is something to shout about) and Project Spark and PS4/WiiU don't.

It's also interesting that the 'xbox' has the shooterbox image attached to it, yet it has the most diverse line up of the lot, fighter, sim, open world zombie, racer, platformer/creator and action adventure.

PC, maybe.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Seece said:
mutantclown said:
Seece said:

Killer Insinct and Dead Rising 3 are getting very good feedback, so your projecting your personal tastes onto the line up.

Killzone doesn't interest me whatsoever, but I can see it's a quality title. Driveclub may impress, but the likelyhood it's on par or better than Forza? please, this is a proven team time and time again. And Knack, that's getting no good press, on the same level as Ryse, but at least Ryse is pretty!

Also to the guy above saying it isn't exclusive, it doesn't matter, the title says 'games line up' not exclusive line up. X1 has Zoo Tycoon (which yes, is something to shout about) and Project Spark and PS4/WiiU don't.

So Warframe and Planetside 2 and DCUO should be on your PS4  exclusive list by that logic, and yet they weren't. Hmm, cherry picking much?

Oh and you have games launching in the launch window on your list, so you should put Infamous Second Son and The Order on the PS4 list, right? 

Why are people saying PS4 when this thread is obviously for 2013? What games do PS4 have that will beat 3DS/PS360/PC/Wii U/Vita?