By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 pre-orders leading 4:1 against Xbox One in Netherlands

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
I predict more Xboxers leaving the site

Nooo, this site will get so boring  :( 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

The only way we could accurately tell the demand is if both don't have stock issues, that way we could actually tell which sells more.

I live in Belgium but was born in the Netherlands and I can honestly say that these numbers are more or less correct. On of the biggest gamesites in the Netherlands has received official statements from the stores Gamemania and Nedgame. At gamemania (gamestop equivalent in Benelux) has a 3 to 1 ratio and Nedgame has a 4 to 1 ratio. However this trend is also happening troughout both Belgium and the Netherlands in most of the local stores. Phonecalls, e-mails and personal conversations with employees give some shocking numbers as well. In GameMania Helmond there are 200+ reservations for the PS4 and not even 30 for the xBox one. Mediamarkt Den Haag had 40+ reservations for the PS4 and only 2 for the Xbox One. So these numbers are legit.

First there was a 50/50 division between xbox 360 and PS3 here in my surroundings (old friends, university etc.) but now it's more like 75/25 with Sony in Favor. Will continue next-gen.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Surveys on the internet shows the PS4 is outpacing the Xbox One in pre-orders.
Yah we got that 2 months ago and in the 100 similar threads created about it.

MoHasanie said:
iceland said:
Awww man Netherlands was one of the biggest markets for the Xbox :(

Yikes, that's terrible for MS. If Netherlands was a big market for MS then I wonder what the ratio of preorders is in Sony dominated countries like France, Spain and Germnay. 6:1 ?   

Last week, Fnac and Micromania (probably the 2 biggest retailers in France) said they sold all their PS4 for day one. Since then, people that pre-ordered it will get it some days later. They still guarantee that people will get it before Christmas though.

Fnac also added the ratio was about 3,5:1 for them.

Prediction: End of 2015 Hardware sales (as of January 20, 2015)

Wii U: 12.1M | XBO: 19.8M | PS4: 36.0M | 3DS: 58.5M | PSV: 11.7M

Around the Network

I expect the same or better in France, Germany, Spain and other European countries outside of the UK.

ethomaz said:
Expected.

The surpise he is PS4 leading the preorders in UK and US... this new gen will be fantastic for the PS Nation... I predict more Xboxers leaving the site

Might have something to with the constant Sony fan trolling and thread derailing

pezus said:

Read it again. He didn't do a survey for NL.

http://www.insidegamer.nl/nieuws/106455/precieze-aantal-ps4s-voor-nederland-was-pas-maandag-bekend

Can you read that ?

PS4 will dominate Europe as expected by the looks of things then

S.Peelman said:
pezus said:

Read it again. He didn't do a survey for NL.

http://www.insidegamer.nl/nieuws/106455/precieze-aantal-ps4s-voor-nederland-was-pas-maandag-bekend

Can you read that ?

I can :P I find it offensive that not everyone can speak dutch! j/k

OT: Known about this for a while. A lot of Dutch retailers are announcing that PS4 is 4:1 compared to X1

PSN ID: clemens-nl