By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What the heck's wrong with this website?

There's no option for Metal Gear Solid 4 on the poll on the front page!!!!!!!!!1

Somebody's oversight, or idiocy? 

Metalcore, Hardcore, Punk, Emo, Rock.

Around the Network

I think it's obvious MGS 4 isn't going to sell as much as any title on the poll this year.

MGS4 isn't likely to sell more than any of those.

Actually it might sell more than GTA4(PS3) which I don't have much confidence in.

I can tell ya what is wrong:

twesterm became a mod.

MGS4 is going to sell but not as much as the games thats on the poll right now

Around the Network

Have you bothered to compare the MGS sales history with Smash Bros. or GTA?

No Metal Gear Solid game has sold more than 6 Million units in its lifetime, in spite of the fact that they were released on the most popular system in their generation ... Every game in the poll will sell over 6 Million in its lifetime, and several will sell more than 8 Million this year.

HappySqurriel said:

No Metal Gear Solid game has sold more than 6 Million units in its lifetime, in spite of the fact that they were released on the most popular system in their generation ... Every game in the poll will sell over 6 Million in its lifetime, and several will sell more than 8 Million this year.

Do you think GTA(PS3) is certain to sell 6M life? I wouldn't expect more than 4 personally, but I have been known to be wrong =P.

As many people have stated, Metal Gear Solid sells well, but has nothing on these games. Grand Theft Auto was the bestseller last generation, and the last Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers titles managed to sell more copies than any Metal Gear Solid game, despite being on a much less popular platform (Gamecube was outsold by PS2 by about 6:1). Gran Turismo was topped only by Grand Theft Auto on the PS2. The only unproven game on that list is Wii Fit, and it sold a million copies in one month in Japan alone. So it makes sense that Metal Gear Solid 4 isn't on here.

You also shouldn't call people idiots and describe it as a website problem when they are making logical choices. Like it or not, barring any major surprises, those will be the top selling games this year.

MGS series is in no way as big as any of those games. All those games spawn from a series that has had deca platinum games in it.