By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a PS4 or games for the current generation?

PS4, you will be able to catch up with PS3 games via Gaikai on PS4 anyway

Around the Network

I would buy current generation stuff.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Dark Souls 2 > next gen

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Out of all the Playstation 4 videos showing off the hardware, none of them show where the game disc goes. I think it will be like the newest Playstation 3 slim where you slide or open something to place the disc in. Back to topic, the Playstation 3 has some mean games that's coming. Grand Theft Auto 5 and Rayman: Legends among many others will come to the console. However you can still get those games but it should not stop you for buying a PS4. It comes down to how bad you want it.

You should stick with current gen, next gen is always great but not if it doesn't have the games to back it up and for now these current gent games will receive some really amazing games, that's what I am doing, I won't upgrade until some point next year.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I'm just getting a ps4 with killzone and all the rest ps3.
My second game (at this point) will probably be infamous and knack after a pricedrop.

So I think you're better off with current gen for now.

The systems that are currently out run circles around the launch lineups of these upcoming consoles. Things don't look too good for them until mid next year or more likely fall 2014 as we all know some games are going to get delayed.

dont waste your money on ghost or bf4 for current gen. 

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

I'd go with PS4

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5