By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Seece said:
POE said:
Seece said:
Yeah that's it, blame the retailers ....

I'm embarassed you or any others that actually believe Sony did that and that retailers are conspiring against WiiU. It's tin foil hat stuff territory.

I don´t believe Sony did that. I know it

Around the Network

Sony is desperate and this is right up their alley.

Another rumor: Driveclub could be delayed until spring 2014....

So after all only 2 first-party titles at launch (Killzone und Knack) just like Nintendo (NSMBU, Nintendoland)...

If this rumor is true of course...

nin10do said:
Sony is desperate and this is right up their alley.

They're desperate, really?

Maybe you could argue that with Vita, surely not the PS4.

I dunno, Andrew House implied they're pretty desperate. PS4 has to succeed beyond a shadow of a doubt for them^

Around the Network

Well, ouch. I recently found this: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/09/gamecube-saw-more-support-between-august-and-december-than-wii-u/

GAMECUBE SAW MORE SUPPORT BETWEEN AUGUST AND DECEMBER THAN WII U
(2002 vs 2013)

In fact: 109 (!) Gamecube Games vs. 36 Wii U Games....so from a quantity perspective...the Wii U isn't even close to GC! Actually it's only at 35 since Watch Dogs got delayed until 2014.

That doesn't look really good....let's hope it will be somehow better in 2014 :/

^ It`s a big difference, but in the end, those 35 games will do more for Wii U, than those 109 did for GC.
So many games for a small userbase, means less sales for everyone or for a lot of them. And in that time, it was just PS2 and nothing more.

Yeah, I think you have a point there. Back then there were different conditions anyway. For instance, the GC wasn't the first 6th gen console and as you already said PS2 dominated heavily and the Xbox was still young and not so relevant. Dreamcast already died...You must also consider that THQ, Midway and tons of some other middle-class or even rather small 3rd Party companies were alive back then.

And where you already mentioned the Playstation...

When you compare this to the floppy PS3 start...in Europe there were launched about 46 retail games in the period between august and december 2007...not that far away from Wii U^^, PS3 had only about 10 games more in the same period...

Exactly, different times for everyone.

Comparing both release schedules won`t matter much.
Wii U has, not only a great line-up for this quarter, it also has really good bundles coming out in Japan and Europe. And that will mean more than hundreds of games coming out or not.

DélioPT said:
^ It`s a big difference, but in the end, those 35 games will do more for Wii U, than those 109 did for GC.
So many games for a small userbase, means less sales for everyone or for a lot of them. And in that time, it was just PS2 and nothing more.

Why?

Gamecube was at 9.55m shipped end of March 2003, WiiU may be short of that by a 1m~