By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Uh, by December 31st the library will be 93.

Also yeah, Sony as a whole is already in a lot oof trouble. It's a surprise Kaz hasn't gone the way of Gunpei after so much bad he's done for the company. Sony is practically worthless at this point. Their liabilities are higher than Google, Apple, EA, and MS combined. The company as a whole is worth less than the money Nintendo has in the bank.

The company as a whole is on life support and they've not made money on SCE in a long while, and the future isn't looking good. They've got 5 of their own products on the market competing against each other and competitors. Remind you of anyone?

Around the Network
nin10do said:
Uh, by December 31st the library will be 93.

Also yeah, Sony as a whole is already in a lot oof trouble. It's a surprise Kaz hasn't gone the way of Gunpei after so much bad he's done for the company. Sony is practically worthless at this point. Their liabilities are higher than Google, Apple, EA, and MS combined. The company as a whole is worth less than the money Nintendo has in the bank.

The company as a whole is on life support and they've not made money on SCE in a long while, and the future isn't looking good. They've got 5 of their own products on the market competing against each other and competitors. Remind you of anyone?

Really? Sony has fucked up badly these last .... XX years. But Kasz hasn't been in long and he's done a good job so far IMO, TV division finally making a profit after bleeding for so long, and PS4 is a home run (no reason to believe it'll do worse than PS3).

If they didn't go down during 08 - 12, I don't think they're going down now.

If the PS4 is a failure, Sony will be saying good bye to the videogames industry.

He has not done anything for the company.

Why? Just because they didn't go bankrupt in the time frame you decided doesn't mean they won't in the future. They are losing more and more money. Guess what, it isn't infinite. Eventually it runs out, and that's happening, fast. I wouldn't be so quick to call the system a home run before it even launches.

POE said:
If the PS4 is a failure, Sony will be saying good bye to the videogames industry.

That looks to be true. Sony is relying on their gaming division to pull in decent numbers. At this point, they can't really tolerate any division doing anything less than that.

If the PS4 really fails, they might self the Playstation brand to get some quick cash before getting out.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Seece said:
DélioPT said:
^ It`s a big difference, but in the end, those 35 games will do more for Wii U, than those 109 did for GC.
So many games for a small userbase, means less sales for everyone or for a lot of them. And in that time, it was just PS2 and nothing more.

Why?

Gamecube was at 9.55m shipped end of March 2003, WiiU may be short of that by a 1m~

Because they exist in two different kinds of market.
During the GC era, there was no amount of games that could help GC or Xbox rise to a different plateau.
This time, that dominance of one console does not exist. Things are more balanced.

And one of the things that plagued Wii U was the lack of games.
I could even say that a big part of Wii U`s library of 3rd party games was already on the market before Wii U was released. So, there was little reason to upgrade for a select few, non system sellers, 1st party games.

The upcoming Wii U release schedule has system sellers for the first time in a time where the chances for success are higher now then they were for GC or Xbox, in their time.

DélioPT said:
Seece said:
DélioPT said:
^ It`s a big difference, but in the end, those 35 games will do more for Wii U, than those 109 did for GC.
So many games for a small userbase, means less sales for everyone or for a lot of them. And in that time, it was just PS2 and nothing more.

Why?

Gamecube was at 9.55m shipped end of March 2003, WiiU may be short of that by a 1m~

During the GC era, there was no amount of games that could help GC or Xbox rise to a different plateau.
This time, that dominance of one console does not exist. Things are more balanced.

I could even say that a big part of Wii U`s library of 3rd party games was already on the market before Wii U was released. So, there was little reason to upgrade for a select few, non system sellers, 1st party games.

The upcoming Wii U release schedule has system sellers for the first time in a time where the chances for success are higher now then they were for GC or Xbox, in their time.

I see absoloutely nothing different in upcoming WiiU games to Gamecube games in terms of which audience they target. I'm sure Mario was a system seller to Nintendo fans for the Gamecube too ...

Seece said:
DélioPT said:
Seece said:
DélioPT said:

Why?

I see absoloutely nothing different in upcoming WiiU games to Gamecube games in terms of which audience they target. I'm sure Mario was a system seller to Nintendo fans for the Gamecube too ...

It's not about what you want. It's about the masses. They are unpredictable.

hiimnew said:
Seece said:
DélioPT said:
Seece said:
DélioPT said:

Why?

It's not about what you want. It's about the masses. They are unpredictable.

You got it! Never doubt the mass market! They're bringing irrationality into this industry =) The Wii proved it, the 3DS is proving it...and yes, NES proved it too...you can even say Xbox proved it against the once mighty Playstation...

Seece said:
DélioPT said:
Seece said:
DélioPT said:

Why?

It`s not at the target you should be looking at, but where the target has it`s eyes on.
Things change. At that time, people only had eyes for PS2. It`s appeal was so great that PS2 became synonymous with videogames (like NES before it).
Also, it didn`t help that Mario and Zelda didn`t resonate well even with Nintendo fans.

Mario 3D Worlds has what it takes to attract a wide audience. Mario Sunshine didn`t.