By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

johnlucas said:
RedPikmin95 said:
ZOMFG! They did it! They did it! :O

Steam Machines announced!
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/25/valve-announces-steam-machines

Valve announces Steam Machines to challenge games console market
Article quote:

Described by the company as 'a powerful new category of living-room hardware', the Steam Machines will essentially be high-performance PCs with capabilities designed around gaming and other entertainment applications. Valve will not build the consoles itself, instead it is working with 'multiple partners', and there will be various models to choose from, all with different tech specs and price points (which are set to be revealed in more depth later). All the machines will run the SteamOS, a streamlined operating system announced by Valve on Monday.

3DO Jr. just like I thought.
Will end in the same result as 3DO Sr.
John Lucas

*LInux based.

* No licensing fees.

* Building in market with tons of programs.

* Support by a top player in the videogame industry.

* Owner of a number of wanted IPs.

And yet you call it 3DO Jr?  If all you see is 3DO here (and I won't knock that there is some 3DO), then you seriously are so partisan, you can't see reality.  So if Steam Machines are 3DO Jr, then what is Android based machines, Ms. 3DO?  Look at how well Android is doing before you dare bring up 3DO again here.

I do want to add here, you keep beating this drum, I am going to call Nintendo "Apple" in regards to the portable market, and ask you how they are doing.  Nintendo and Apple are far closer to each other than Valve and 3DO are dude.

Edit add here, to prevent 3 posts in a row:

I have a question for johnlucas, since johnlucas has declared war on Valve and Gabe Newell.  johnlucas, why should people listen to you over Gabe?  Why do you know more than him, and should be seen as a more reliable authority?  Why should anyone take your comment about SteamOS=3D0 Jr. seriously?  This is, anyone who cares to be right, and not just a console fanboy of Nintendo.  Can you answer that?  I fail to see anything you say that makes you a greater authority than Gabe.

Around the Network
nin10do said:

In your opinion, when did Valve make it big? When did they come to the forerfront and become succesful and known? Was it was Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Portal? What year was it that you think Valve really started to become a name, and a viable/big time developer?

Steam coming out, changing the way PC software sold, took them from a respected software house, to a powerhouse in the videogame industry.  They hold a gatekeeper role and get the sales tollbooth money.

nin10do said:

[REDACTED]

I remember what was originally here, but I'm guessing you don't want people knowing that. Why?

JoeTheBro said:
nin10do said:

[REDACTED]

I remember what was originally here, but I'm guessing you don't want people knowing that. Why?

Roll with it, if it improves the discourse here.

Not good for anyone, but it's a part of what I found a few nights ago.

Btw Sony going third party.

Speaking with Dengeki Online (translated by DualShockers), SCE Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida said that the company's ultimate goal with its Gaikai streaming technology is to deliver PlayStation games to “all devices”.

"We're considering various things like PC, TVs, Blu-ray players, smartphones, and tablets,” said Yoshida.

“We hope to continue to expand not only to Sony devices, but even to devices other than Sony's. This is still being studied."

"We previously spoke about PlayStation going from hardware to something closer to a service, regardless of the device," Yoshida added.

Around the Network
nin10do said:

Speaking with Dengeki Online (translated by DualShockers), SCE Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida said that the company's ultimate goal with its Gaikai streaming technology is to deliver PlayStation games to “all devices”.

"We're considering various things like PC, TVs, Blu-ray players, smartphones, and tablets,” said Yoshida.

“We hope to continue to expand not only to Sony devices, but even to devices other than Sony's. This is still being studied."

"We previously spoke about PlayStation going from hardware to something closer to a service, regardless of the device," Yoshida added.

@BOLD Found? You're actually talking to insiders?

Also that gaikai article is from 6 days ago. Old news in the age of fast paced internet forums. Interesting nonetheless.

First XBOne, then PS4, then Wii U and now Steam Secret Sauce! This is MADNESS! Which one will be the tastiest?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
First XBOne, then PS4, then Wii U and now Steam Secret Sauce! This is MADNESS! Which one will be the tastiest?

The one with MAXIMUM ASYMETRICAL GAMING or the most interactive gaming system, either way it's the Wii U.

ZombiU trailer

Batman Arkham City Armored Edition trailer

Wii U Golf Prototype trailer

Nintendo Land Ninja Castle trailer

Just to give a glimpse of who knows what other ways of gaming that is coming in future Wii U games.

Gotta love The Wonderful 101 & Bayonetta 2 & Mario Kart 8 & Batman Arkham City Definitive version & Rhythm Thief 2 &  even Super Mario 3D World believe or not. To bad Nintendo now only outs Nintendo games that are going to be release in less then 12 months only (but its the best lesson learn that Nintendo has recently learned). So now we play the waiting game.

Pig you talking about tech, then my bad, but I think we are at the point where people want more then just the standard increase in graphics alone. (each gen has always been an increase in graphics, so that's not enough by itself anymore)

JoeTheBro said:
nin10do said:

@BOLD Found? You're actually talking to insiders?

Also that gaikai article is from 6 days ago. Old news in the age of fast paced internet forums. Interesting nonetheless.

It's not like PlayStation has contribute any iriginal ideas of their own.

Uncharted = Tomb Raider = Indiana Jones

ModNation Racers = Mario Kart

PS Move = WiiMote

DualShock 4 = GamePad

If Sony goes 3rd Party then they will have little reason not to release their 3D movies in the Nintendo 3DS eShop alongside Disney & Dreamworks & Warner Bros. as well as retail copies of 3D movies to watch on the 3DS for people who rather use their space for digital copies of games. But luckily Disney owns Marvel and can still bring such Sony movies as the Amazing Spider-Man movie franchise for the 3DS.

Kaizar said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

The one with MAXIMUM ASYMETRICAL GAMING or the most interactive gaming system, either way it's the Wii U.

ZombiU trailer

Batman Arkham City Armored Edition trailer

Wii U Golf Prototype trailer

Nintendo Land Ninja Castle trailer

Just to give a glimpse of who knows what other ways of gaming that is coming in future Wii U games.

Gotta love The Wonderful 101 & Bayonetta 2 & Mario Kart 8 & Batman Arkham City Definitive version & Rhythm Thief 2 &  even Super Mario 3D World believe or not. To bad Nintendo now only outs Nintendo games that are going to be release in less then 12 months only (but its the best lesson learn that Nintendo has recently learned). So now we play the waiting game.

Pig you talking about tech, then my bad, but I think we are at the point where people want more then just the standard increase in graphics alone. (each gen has always been an increase in graphics, so that's not enough by itself anymore)

Maybe, but my saucemeter is still pointing to PC, should SteamOS manage to give me PC gaming without Windows, I'd be mesmerised. 
Anyhow, Wii U's offer looks good, this is undeniable... Sauce, sauce everywhere!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!