By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

richardhutnik said:
johnlucas said:
RedPikmin95 said:
ZOMFG! They did it! They did it! :O

Steam Machines announced!
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/25/valve-announces-steam-machines

Valve announces Steam Machines to challenge games console market
Article quote:

Described by the company as 'a powerful new category of living-room hardware', the Steam Machines will essentially be high-performance PCs with capabilities designed around gaming and other entertainment applications. Valve will not build the consoles itself, instead it is working with 'multiple partners', and there will be various models to choose from, all with different tech specs and price points (which are set to be revealed in more depth later). All the machines will run the SteamOS, a streamlined operating system announced by Valve on Monday.

3DO Jr. just like I thought.
Will end in the same result as 3DO Sr.
John Lucas

*LInux based.

* No licensing fees.

* Building in market with tons of programs.

* Support by a top player in the videogame industry.

* Owner of a number of wanted IPs.

And yet you call it 3DO Jr?  If all you see is 3DO here (and I won't knock that there is some 3DO), then you seriously are so partisan, you can't see reality.  So if Steam Machines are 3DO Jr, then what is Android based machines, Ms. 3DO?  Look at how well Android is doing before you dare bring up 3DO again here.

I do want to add here, you keep beating this drum, I am going to call Nintendo "Apple" in regards to the portable market, and ask you how they are doing.  Nintendo and Apple are far closer to each other than Valve and 3DO are dude.

Edit add here, to prevent 3 posts in a row:

I have a question for johnlucas, since johnlucas has declared war on Valve and Gabe Newell.  johnlucas, why should people listen to you over Gabe?  Why do you know more than him, and should be seen as a more reliable authority?  Why should anyone take your comment about SteamOS=3D0 Jr. seriously?  This is, anyone who cares to be right, and not just a console fanboy of Nintendo.  Can you answer that?  I fail to see anything you say that makes you a greater authority than Gabe.

John Lucas doesn't have to answer your questions. All he needs to do is show you this:

Then he can comfortably just flat out rest his case:)

Around the Network
Incubi said:
I think Sony is only going 3rd party in order to support their Xperia tablets and phones. These happens to run on Android OS. So they will end up working with all Android based devices. They will most likely not be on iOS, Windows or anything with the name Nintendo on it.

That's most likely the situation. So let's say 80% to 99% of that happening.

I would still like to see their non-marvel 3D movies come to the 3DS, but luckily Men in Black is also Marvel (owned by Disney), but I didn't like the 3rd MIB movie, but there's 4 & up with Agent A (Alpha) to make a good movie.

Incubi said:
richardhutnik said:
johnlucas said:
RedPikmin95 said:
ZOMFG! They did it! They did it! :O

Steam Machines announced!
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/25/valve-announces-steam-machines

Valve announces Steam Machines to challenge games console market
Article quote:

Described by the company as 'a powerful new category of living-room hardware', the Steam Machines will essentially be high-performance PCs with capabilities designed around gaming and other entertainment applications. Valve will not build the consoles itself, instead it is working with 'multiple partners', and there will be various models to choose from, all with different tech specs and price points (which are set to be revealed in more depth later). All the machines will run the SteamOS, a streamlined operating system announced by Valve on Monday.

3DO Jr. just like I thought.
Will end in the same result as 3DO Sr.
John Lucas

*LInux based.

* No licensing fees.

* Building in market with tons of programs.

* Support by a top player in the videogame industry.

* Owner of a number of wanted IPs.

And yet you call it 3DO Jr?  If all you see is 3DO here (and I won't knock that there is some 3DO), then you seriously are so partisan, you can't see reality.  So if Steam Machines are 3DO Jr, then what is Android based machines, Ms. 3DO?  Look at how well Android is doing before you dare bring up 3DO again here.

I do want to add here, you keep beating this drum, I am going to call Nintendo "Apple" in regards to the portable market, and ask you how they are doing.  Nintendo and Apple are far closer to each other than Valve and 3DO are dude.

Edit add here, to prevent 3 posts in a row:

I have a question for johnlucas, since johnlucas has declared war on Valve and Gabe Newell.  johnlucas, why should people listen to you over Gabe?  Why do you know more than him, and should be seen as a more reliable authority?  Why should anyone take your comment about SteamOS=3D0 Jr. seriously?  This is, anyone who cares to be right, and not just a console fanboy of Nintendo.  Can you answer that?  I fail to see anything you say that makes you a greater authority than Gabe.

John Lucas doesn't have to answer your questions. All he needs to do is show you this:

Then he can comfortably just flat out rest his case:)

He doesn't need to show me that.  I saw it, and looks like Valve wants to rest his case for him.  Not 3DO Jr, but looks like more like Intellivision Sr.  That blasted thing looks like a speaker, to be quasi-honest.

Maybe it plays well, but I am classifying it as the Esperanto of controllers, until I can be shown otherwise.  Well, back to Android making end roads.  At least the biggest grip of the OUYA controller is the missing start/select button.

John Lucas also isn't alone in his views, so ridiculing him also means you guys will also have to ridicule the legendary game designer, Toshihiro Nagoshi.

About the 8. generation console war:

"I think this will be the deciding round. This is where we’ll find out whether there will ever be a PlayStation 5 or an Xbox, uh, Two. I think the future will be decided this generation.

- Toshihiro Nagoshi

About mobile:

"But [free to play] games rarely sustain that momentum for more than two years. It’s bringing in lots of money every month now, but it’ll be down to a trickle in 18 months and over in two years. On a console, if you make something good it can last 10 years or 20, but even the best free to play games don’t outlast two years. GungHo probably knows that, and is trying to avoid it – maybe that’s why it’s releasing a 3DS version of Puzzle & Dragons.

- Toshihiro Nagoshi

Source: Edge

Incubi said:

John Lucas also isn't alone in his views, so ridiculing him also means you guys will also have to ridicule the legendary game designer, Toshihiro Nagoshi.

"I think this will be the deciding round. This is where we’ll find out whether there will ever be a PlayStation 5 or an Xbox, uh, Two. I think the future will be decided this generation.

- Toshihiro Nagoshi

About mobile:

"But [free to play] games rarely sustain that momentum for more than two years. It’s bringing in lots of money every month now, but it’ll be down to a trickle in 18 months and over in two years. On a console, if you make something good it can last 10 years or 20, but even the best free to play games don’t outlast two years. GungHo probably knows that, and is trying to avoid it – maybe that’s why it’s releasing a 3DS version of Puzzle & Dragons.

- Toshihiro Nagoshi

He doesn't even mention the Wii U...

How again is that agreeing with John?

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Incubi said:

- Toshihiro Nagoshi

About mobile:

- Toshihiro Nagoshi

johnlucas hovers around the this view, and concerns, and turns it in a row that everyone will have to travel, that ends at the feet of Nintendo and the WiiU.

Because they're the only ones in this industry who've shown any form of sustainability, direction and vision in JL's eyes.

Im hoping they eventually localize Ryu ga Gotoku 1&2 over here...

JoeTheBro said:
Incubi said:

- Toshihiro Nagoshi

About mobile:

- Toshihiro Nagoshi

As Richard and the doctor wrote:

"johnlucas hovers around this view and concerns, and turns it in a road that everyone will have to travel, that ends at the feet of Nintendo and the WiiU.

"Because they're the only ones in this industry who've shown any form of sustainability, direction and vision in JL's eyes.

I dont know why you're trying to be a smartass with me. Like John, Nagoshi believes this is the final round, and John argues the WiiU is the only one left standing tall when the dust settles, that Nintendo is the only one who will have a console successor. This is what this whole freakin thread is about.

Incubi said:
JoeTheBro said:
Incubi said:

- Toshihiro Nagoshi

About mobile:

- Toshihiro Nagoshi

As Richard and the doctor wrote:

"johnlucas hovers around this view and concerns, and turns it in a road that everyone will have to travel, that ends at the feet of Nintendo and the WiiU.

"Because they're the only ones in this industry who've shown any form of sustainability, direction and vision in JL's eyes.

I dont know why you're trying to be a smartass with me. Like John, Nagoshi believes this is the final round, and John argues the WiiU is the only one left standing tall when the dust settles, that Nintendo is the only one who will have a console successor. This is what this whole freakin thread is about.

There is a huge difference between saying this is a deciding round, and that the Wii U will win this round.

Heck practically everyone in the industry believes this is a deciding round, I sure do. That doesn't make us automatically believe the Wii U is the only one left standing tall when the dust settles. Did Nagoshi say more than you quoted, or did you just read between the lines?

It is all reading in between the lines.

He says that developing for phones even though the massive install bases is there is a pain in the ass. The homogenized nature of the specs next gen is to their benefit. He also notes the phone market is unreliable, so if the next gen format for the Xbox and the Playstation arent here, where will they go?

Valve?

Be reduced to making handheld games forever?