By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

VitroBahllee said:
ZOMG! The Wii U bouncie-back big time! It's 109k less than the gamecube's second holiday and like ALMOST A THIRDZORS OF WII'S SECOND HOLIDAY! DOMINATIONZATIOUSNESS!

So dominate. Very first placezors. Much console.

Allow me to write sixty four thousand pages about it.

First of all, Nintendo is the DOMINATOR so they have formulated a plan. Nintendo is smart. They looked ahead and formulated a strategy. Third parties had a chance to hang out at their dad's, but they wanted to run off in the bushes and puke up stolen beer. Dad was a benevolent console, though, and he understood they just needed a chance to grow. So, he walked up in a tiny hat and said 'Kids, I know what you're doing is just a part of growing up. Just give me your keys so you can't drive and hurt yourselves.' The kids gladly handed up the keys and passed out face down in the grass. But Dad just chuckled because he had been that age before.

So he went inside and ate some Doritos. The next day, when the third party children woke up in the lawn, their t-shirts covered in vomit, they staggered back inside. "Well," said Nintendo the Holy Father of the Land, "you want your keys back?"

This is where the third parties surprised Nintendo. "No!" they shouted with a chorus of joined voices, their unison loud and booming in the Dad's living room. "We will make our own keys! We will learn to hotwire the cars of gaming and drive them down the highways of cinematic presentation! We will take the off-ramp to immersion and dine at the drive-thru of high-resolution displays and surround sound abandon!"

Dad just had to shake his head and chuckle because he had heard it all before. So, he sat reading his paper and somehow magically spewing out video game perfection from his navel like some kind of Hindu god, while the naughty, puke-soaked third party children crossed the black wire with the red wire and drove their Winnebagoes down the crosstown road of network integration until they reached the land of 16:9 displays, laughing and patting themselves on the back at their own ingenuity.

But Nintendo, their loving Dad, sat on the toilet of pure gaming genius and crapped out the excellence that lined his intestinal tract.

Meanwhile, back at the naughty hotwire kids major stolen car convoy, the childish third parties were fueling up at the gas station of heavy development costs. Storm clouds of some other kind of metaphor, like increased processor wattage, threatened in the distance, but the third parties just shrugged and said 'Rain comes, and rain goes, and we have to have a 22nm processs to power our ultimate storm front of precipitous pixels.'

And so they rode down the highway of high-resolution, pedals of processing pressed to the floorboards of gigaFLOPS, when they encountered their first big obstacle - the roadblock of raw bandwidth. They screeched to a halt.

"What you got in your car, kids?" asked the Traffic Cop of Texture Mapping. "Anything I should know about?"

"Gaming goodness!" replied the naughty kids of third partydom, feeling smug.

"Well, I'll let you though!" replied the cop, "but only if you can shoulder increased production costs."

"We can!" agreed the children happily, pressing pedal to the metal of menu options once more.

Meanwhile, back at home, the genius wizard Dad Nintendo sang in the shower of pre-programmed shaders, confident that his autostereoscopic screen of soap scrubbing would clean the dirt of the day's events from his soiled butt of build quality.

When it comes right down to it, the kids cruised safely on to the land of large risk games, an AAA-atmosphere making it hard for them to breath the breath of beautiful return on investment.

Meanwhile, the Dad laughed because he had planned out every step of the way.

TO BE CONTINUED.

That was beautiful

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

The Tale of the Benevolent Dad of Nintendo & The Very Naughty Children of Third-Parties
Part II - In Which the Soda Can of Server Offloads is Guzzled and the Fried Rice of Frame Rates is Munched Down

Camped out by the side of the road, the third parties rejoiced at their newfound freedom from their parental patriarch.

"How free I feel, at long last!" cried little Arnie Activision.

"I know! Without that pukey old Pops, I feel like a million bucks!" cried Ernie EA.

"Of course," replied Arnie, "but it'll cost at least seventy times that much to make even a modest AAA game within the parameters we have dictated."

"Ahh!" added Urkel Ubisoft, "but think of the rewards! They will be one HUNDREDfold times greater."

"In-FINITY times greater!" chuckled Sally Square-Enix, and they all agreed and laughed, rubbing their naive hands together.

Meanwhile, back at home, Daddy Nintendo, wearing his bathrobe of back catalog games and drinking a cup of console-crafting coffee, sat down and went over his budget. He saw that he had plenty of room in the ledger to release six times the games that his kids planned on making.

He looked down at his trusty pet dog of development, the Coder Canine, and said knowingly "We can put all our effort into effortless design, and let those youngsters spend all their coin on asset-creation. Meanwhile, we'll reap all the profits!"

The pooch merely looked up at him with a look of adulation and said 'Woof!'

Back at the roadside camp, the third-party kids got back in their cars of computing speed and said "This would be easier with a minivan of middleware! We could get almost anywhere with an easy to use Engine of End-User design!"

They agreed it would be a blessing indeed, and contacted their friend Eugene Unreal to design a tool that would help them make game after mindbending game.

"I can do that," the Engine replied, "but it might come at the cost of individual expression."

"Let 'individual expression' wither on the vine of consumer confidence!" sneered the third party kids.

So it was that the motor of middleware placed the engine of equality in all of the third party kids' lunchboxes.

"Hope it gets you where you need to go!" said Eugine Unreal.

"Oh, don't worry!" said the kids with no small amount of braggadocio, "We're well on our way already."

TO BE CONTINUED

On a less grandiose note, Engadget reports that:

It's not even financials season yet, but Nintendo is trying to lower expectations in advance. In statement today, it's announced that it's reassessed unit sales for its flagship Wii U console, shaving hacking it down from 9 million for April 2013 - March 2014 to just 2.8 million -- under a third of the original estimate. It's also less than the number of Wii Us that Nintendo sold in its launch year (That's 3.45 million, if you're counting.)

The 6 million mark (talking global hardware sells here) is coming to the Wii U in maybe 7 weeks, and the PS4 in maybe 6 weeks.

This is the number of units that changes everything, because the sells will only be good when you have good current content with good upcoming content in the next 3 to 6 months.
It's good for Wii U, it will get a great boost in sells.

It's bad for PS4 it will have bad sells, until it gets content in the near future. The more worthwhile content, the better the sells will become.

The Xbox ONE will take maybe long enough to hit 6 million to maybe have something worthwhile on it. It's currently in trouble in everyway. I can see the ONE being in 3rd place again.

Will the Xbox ONE sell better then the PS Vita or the other way around, for life-time sells?

I love the 6 million mark for global hardware sells, because that's when we consumers preference takes complete control of sells of a video game system. Applies to all of the big 3, especially in this day in age.

Kaizar said:
The 6 million mark (talking global hardware sells here) is coming to the Wii U in maybe 7 weeks, and the PS4 in maybe 6 weeks.

This is the number of units that changes everything, because the sells will only be good when you have good current content with good upcoming content in the next 3 to 6 months.
It's good for Wii U, it will get a great boost in sells.

It's bad for PS4 it will have bad sells, until it gets content in the near future. The more worthwhile content, the better the sells will become.

The Xbox ONE will take maybe long enough to hit 6 million to maybe have something worthwhile on it. It's currently in trouble in everyway. I can see the ONE being in 3rd place again.

Will the Xbox ONE sell better then the PS Vita or the other way around, for life-time sells?

I love the 6 million mark for global hardware sells, because that's when we consumers preference takes complete control of sells of a video game system. Applies to all of the big 3, especially in this day in age.

Nothing u said makes any sense

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I saw this pic making the rounds on social media today.

Obviously it's pretty out dated but the real interesting part is the comments. The most upvoted comments are:

"I think the wiiu gets too much crap. It may be weaker, but it has some awesome franchises. But if its not for u then dont buy it and move on. Dont hate."

"People are giving the Wii U a lot if hate I personally like it a lot."

Those comments have scores of 7,267 and 6,096 respectivly. That's not just how many people agreed with them, but the difference between how many agreed and how many disagreed. This was featured around PS4 launch:

That picture recieved almost a quarter of a million upvotes yet it isn't too nice to Nintendo. Man how the times have changed. I think the revolution is happening in America, not Japan.

#Unity

Lots of pollution in my thread lately.

Get your licks in now. Get it ALL out of your system.
Nothing changes what I foretold.
I don't care HOW it looks right now.
Nintendo will get what they want out of this generation.

Since you guys obviously miss my presence here, you'll get all you can handle this weekend.
But JGarret gets the first response like I said a few days ago.
John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Hes back, wonder what kind of crazy spin hes going to use to make things sound all good and dandy

Oh shit. JL is back.. This is going to be so much fun.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I agree about Wii U doing the. Ost good in Native America instead of Nihon.

I think life time sells:

PS4 up to 76 million
Xbox ONE up to 72 million
Wii U over 120 million
3DS over 200 million
PS Vita less then 50 million

Can everyone else post their prediction numbers.