By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

The WiiU has finally started outselling 7 year old hardware and you take that as a sign of turnaround in Japan? It should have been outselling the PS3 a long time ago. It took a price cut, 3D Mario, and massive bundling to do it. Hell, the numbers are still very close between the two systems, it's not like the WiiU is blowing it out the water.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
The WiiU has finally started outselling 7 year old hardware and you take that as a sign of turnaround in Japan? It should have been outselling the PS3 a long time ago. It took a price cut, 3D Mario, and massive bundling to do it. Hell, the numbers are still very close between the two systems, it's not like the WiiU is blowing it out the water.

Yeah, if we were to use only arguments like these, I could easily look at the Europe sales for last week and say; "PS3 sold almost three times as much as the Wii U, the Wii U is doomed". See how easy that is? In fact; on a global scale, the PS3 outsold the Wii U by about 135k, does that mean that the PS3 is making a comeback and is going to dominate the 8th gen?

We also need to remember this bit; "Wii U WILL BE THE LEADER of the 8th Generation Consoles BY FAR. It will outsell the XBox One & PlayStation 4 HANDILY throughout the generation."

This is going to be most difficult one to deflect and rationalize away, even for a good spin doctor, as this is clearly not the case at all. Or is it just an illustration that has nothing to do with the actual domination? If so, then we can conclude that in order to dominate in the 8th gen, you don't need to outsell the competition, you only need 50k or slightly more or less in Japan without 8th gen competition. We've also already established that predictions failing by 60-70% are of no consequence, they have nothing do with the point. 5.3 million or 12 million, what's the difference anyway?

Oh, shit, I just realized it. The Wii U is dominating the PS4 and One in Japan and handily outselling the compeititon, that's why he told me to keep my eyes on Japan. It also has over 50% marketshare globally in the 8th gen so it has already begun.

Mummelmann said:
Fusioncode said:

Yeah, if we were to use only arguments like these, I could easily look at the Europe sales for last week and say; "PS3 sold almost three times as much as the Wii U, the Wii U is doomed". See how easy that is? In fact; on a global scale, the PS3 outsold the Wii U by about 135k, does that mean that the PS3 is making a comeback and is going to dominate the 8th gen?

We also need to remember this bit; "Wii U WILL BE THE LEADER of the 8th Generation Consoles BY FAR. It will outsell the XBox One & PlayStation 4 HANDILY throughout the generation."

This is going to be most difficult one to deflect and rationalize away, even for a good spin doctor, as this is clearly not the case at all. Or is it just an illustration that has nothing to do with the actual domination? If so, then we can conclude that in order to dominate in the 8th gen, you don't need to outsell the competition, you only need 50k or slightly more or less in Japan without 8th gen competition.

Oh, shit, I just realized it. The Wii U is dominating the PS4 and One in Japan and handily outselling the compeititon, that's why he told me to keep my eyes on Japan. It also has over 50% marketshare globally in the 8th gen so it has already begun.

Hold your horses, that's unconfirmed

Seece said:
Mummelmann said:
Fusioncode said:

This is going to be most difficult one to deflect and rationalize away, even for a good spin doctor, as this is clearly not the case at all. Or is it just an illustration that has nothing to do with the actual domination? If so, then we can conclude that in order to dominate in the 8th gen, you don't need to outsell the competition, you only need 50k or slightly more or less in Japan without 8th gen competition.

Hold your horses, that's unconfirmed

True, for all we know the One and PS4 could start doing 20-25k weekly from January.

never expected 2k posts for a non-nation thread :P

Around the Network

The problem with all your predictions,each and every one of you, you all operate on assumptions that are neither here nor there.

The WiiU as itself is a damn fine product. However its presented in an extremely shitty manner and its not giving that "new feeling". There is so much lost on the consumer when they look at it its ridiculous. This is entirely an error in presentation and perhaps design standpoint from aesthetic. The machine though. It doesnt look like a lunchbox thankfully its extremely pretty and shiny. Its also From a hardware perspective, only thing I'd really change is give it some more RAM( but size and all that)

This is what's truly Next Gen.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Q5oYo3T8I
This too http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/12/13/the-wii-u-games-that-should-be-made.aspx

In my time away I've been working with my WiiU for a while. I've no doubts regarding the systems capabilities.

Perhaps a different form factor more N64 like would have communicate the systems ideals better. You know what also had been great for the WiiU? Crysis 3 not being cancelled. The Xwing games too

Also your WiiU and Vita vs 3DS, Mummel. Ill point out the flaws in your rational there later.

Why? I'll make a prediction. 3DS will slightly undertrack Year on year. Miniscule amounts. Due to the placing of animal crossing it pushed the 3DS hard. But 3DS still has more software pushing it and that momentum will no doubt be carried into 2014. Nintendo keeps repeating it. the third parties are starting to show for it some more. Puzzle and Dragons and Zelda will probably be hits. But then it goes into January and it already has kirby.

Shit it can compete with the Xbox in the media department with Nintendo TVii.

Its sort of like Grand theft auto 5. But the thing is, it actually does multiple things in a great capacity rather than in mediocrity. Besides being the best heist game available

You all are pushing a blatantly antagonist rhetoric and Im not having any of that. Come over here and we can discuss this like real men.

And mummel you've learned a lot but you've also missed alot. Still got some of that vibrmatic vibrato in ya deep down ey?

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

The problem with all your predictions,each and every one of you, you all operate on assumptions that are neither here nor there.

The WiiU as itself is a damn fine product. However its presented in an extremely shitty manner and its not giving that "new feeling". There is so much lost on the consumer when they look at it its ridiculous. This is entirely an error in presentation and perhaps design standpoint from aesthetic. The machine though. It doesnt look like a lunchbox thankfully its extremely pretty and shiny. Its also From a hardware perspective, only thing I'd really change is give it some more RAM( but size and all that)

This too http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/12/13/the-wii-u-games-that-should-be-made.aspx

In my time away I've been working with my WiiU for a while. I've no doubts regarding the systems capabilities.

Perhaps a different form factor more N64 like would have communicate the systems ideals better. You know what also had been great for the WiiU? Crysis 3 not being cancelled. The Xwing games too

Also your WiiU and Vita vs 3DS, Mummel. Ill point out the flaws in your rational there later.

Why? I'll make a prediction. 3DS will slightly undertrack Year on year. Miniscule amounts. Due to the placing of animal crossing it pushed the 3DS hard. But 3DS still has more software pushing it and that momentum will no doubt be carried into 2014. Nintendo keeps repeating it. the third parties are starting to show for it some more. Puzzle and Dragons and Zelda will probably be hits. But then it goes into January and it already has kirby.

Its sort of like Grand theft auto 5. But the thing is, it actually does multiple things in a great capacity rather than in mediocrity. Besides being the best heist game available

You all are pushing a blatantly antagonist rhetoric and Im not having any of that. Come over here and we can discuss this like real men.

And mummel you've learned a lot but you've also missed alot. Still got some of that vibrmatic vibrato in ya deep down ey?

What exactly are you disputing with mummelman's post? I have no idea what you're even trying to say. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Im being Emily Rogers and adressing to many points at once.

Just touching on all the subjects I have in my head before I get them out concisely

Fusioncode said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

What exactly are you disputing with mummelman's post? I have no idea what you're even trying to say. 

Yeah he never actually makes any sense, the fact he's dissing others arguments when coming out with that laughable excuse of a post is, just that, laughable!

Seece said:
Fight-the-Streets said:
I think Nintendo made it clear that the main and most important feature of the Gamepad is it's portability, to be able to play offscreen. The asymetric gameplay is just secondary.

To be honest, it is actually a clever strategy: Many households still have only one TV. (Believe me, Nintendo did a thorough market research on this). This means, if the TV is occupied, the one who wants to play is in a bad position unless he/she has a handheld. (As a matter of fact, many people don't like to play on the PC/Notebook, including myself and yes there are also smartphones and tablets but games on them just don't appeal long enough. Many people want to play dedicated games and even simple games have to be made dedicated to appeal for a longer time). The other point is, I'm sure Nintendo is pondering since years over the following question: "How do we get our handheld sales numbers on our home consoles?" The Nintendo Wii was a first step but its sales numbers still pale in comparison to the Nintendo DS. The logical answer was the Nintendo Wii U Gamepad. With that you have a genuine in-house handheld. You can play the big games from the home console on it on a very big handheld screen with good graphics! (I claim that most of the time people play with their handhelds at home anyway, so the disadvantage of the Gamepad of not being usable under way is neglectable).

So, in the most ideal case, the Nintendo Wii U appeals 1. to the Nintendo Wii gamers (as underneath the Nintendo Wii is still fully integrated and the Remote and Nunchuck are still an important part of the whole concept), 2. to all home console gamers and 3. to all handheld gamers. The only problem Nintendo has, is that they compete themselves on 3. with the Nintendo 3DS/2DS.

http://www.marketingcharts.com/wp/television/average-us-household-has-25-tvs-15648/

3 second google search, average is 2.5 TV's per US household.

Rest of your post, you just don't get it. Far too simplistic. Evidently the sales don't back up anything you're saying either.

I don't think everybody lives in the US. I've heard that there are people in other countries too.