By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Mummelmann said:
Anfebious said:
This looks pretty bad, this looks like Nintendo's last console.

No, but it will be a short-lived one. Nintendo have more money than they can shake a stick at from the DS/Wii era and afford a setback, even a huge one.

That said; it should be crystal clear to everyone by now that this fabled revolution is not coming, in fact; it should have been clear the moment the Gamepad was unveiled (in my opinion).

Indeed there is no revolution at hand, I never belived in the revolution as a whole though. I mean I never really agreed with johnlucas vision of Sony and Microsoft going out of bussiness. That is really unlikely to happen this gen. I agreed though that the console could make a massive turn around. But I was proven wrong so many times it's time to accept it! There is not possible turn around. I hope you are right and we get another Nintendo console, I need my Zelda fix

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Mummelmann said:
Anfebious said:
This looks pretty bad, this looks like Nintendo's last console.

No, but it will be a short-lived one. Nintendo have more money than they can shake a stick at from the DS/Wii era and afford a setback, even a huge one.

That said; it should be crystal clear to everyone by now that this fabled revolution is not coming, in fact; it should have been clear the moment the Gamepad was unveiled (in my opinion).

Indeed there is no revolution at hand, I never belived in the revolution as a whole though. I mean I never really agreed with johnlucas vision of Sony and Microsoft going out of bussiness. That is really unlikely to happen this gen. I agreed though that the console could make a massive turn around. But I was proven wrong so many times it's time to accept it! There is not possible turn around. I hope you are right and we get another Nintendo console, I need my Zelda fix

I stated in another post, don't remember which thread, that Nintendo have two modes of operation; poor and brilliant. Well, the Wii U is, in my mind, poor, that makes it somewhat likely that the next one could be brilliant.

Now, amazing as this may sound; I'm planning on buying a Wii U myself in the future, with the backwards compatability I can enjoy all the 1st parties from two generations on one console and within reasonable time, the price of the Wii U is going to be pretty low at any rate.

Mummelmann said:

I stated in another post, don't remember which thread, that Nintendo have two modes of operation; poor and brilliant. Well, the Wii U is, in my mind, poor, that makes it somewhat likely that the next one could be brilliant.

Now, amazing as this may sound; I'm planning on buying a Wii U myself in the future, with the backwards compatability I can enjoy all the 1st parties from two generations on one console and within reasonable time, the price of the Wii U is going to be pretty low at any rate.

Well I did the same thing. I own a Wii U because that way I have access to the Wii library. Sad thing is I'v been playing Wii games more than Wii U games -.-. You won't regret the purhcase though, when the system is cheaper and gets more games, it will be worth every penny .

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I own a Wii U and like it very much.I´m really enjoying TW101 and Mario 3D World, and next year there´ll be plenty of games I´m looking forward to, but the system is a complete sales disaster, it is what it is.

At this point, It´s for the best for a Nintendo fan not to get so emotionally invested in sales and just enjoy the games.

JGarret said:
I own a Wii U and like it very much.I´m really enjoying TW101 and Mario 3D World, and next year there´ll be plenty of games I´m looking forward to, but the system is a complete sales disaster, it is what it is.

At this point, It´s for the best for a Nintendo fan not to get so emotionally invested in sales and just enjoy the games.

Exactly. As for me, what I'm doing in here is attacking Nintendo's strategy, or lack thereof, and the notion that they are somehow more relevant in modern days than others and will be the sole survivor of some imaginary cataclysm. The N64 is my second favorite console of all time and the HD twins with their diluting formula paired with the Wii's proposal to the casual userbase at the expense of N64 fans ( ) was what ultimately made me more or less 100% a PC gamer, there simply wasn't enough to offer on consoles as a whole. The userbase being 100 million or 20 million doesn't really affect the entertainment factor of the software (but will, or course, affect the software support) either way.

There were some interesting bits here and there in software but overall, the 7th generation was incredibly dull to me. I bought a total of less than 20 console games for the entire 7th gen, as opposed to well over 150 in the 6th gen despite having a lot more money to spend now. My PC collection has grown by over 200 games in the span of the 7th generation though and I've bought two gaming rigs up to now.

All three console manufacturers have taken a turn lately and gone down a path that doesn't interest me, simple as that (online gaming and social integration means nothing to me, same goes for achievements and alternative controllers).

Around the Network

If they released a strategy game based on the Game Pad im sure it would be great, but i do agree that the Game Pad is very gimmicky, albeit it still can be used by many genres, the RTS being one of them.

One more day, Mummelmann.
The rebuttal's almost done.

If I didn't have this busy work schedule slowing me down, you would have seen it much earlier.
Don't fool yourself about Wii U's turnaround. It is already in progress.
Keep your eye on Japan. It has already broken free from the 7th gen shadow by consistently & greatly outselling the PS3.
If you doubt Wii U's ability to make the turnaround, remind yourself about the 3DS.
But let me save the rest for the rebuttal...don't wanna give too much away.

John Lucas

P.S.: JGarrett, we'll have our conversation after Mummelmann. It won't take as long I promise.

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

spurgeonryan said:
I do not think they are totally saying it cannot turn around, just that it can not meet the high expectations that you are giving it. Those numbers are not attainable.

They are ripping those numbers apart!

Can it turn it's self around like the 3DS? Maybe. But Japanese like handheld gaming much more and it ended up getting a ton of 3rd party support. Even more so than even the wii got, besides shovelware. It is kind of hard to imagine that the Wii U can get that kind of support from 3rd parties, especially since the Wii 3rd party effort was more or less forced.
We got I bunch of half assed games. Dead Space on rails? Sega threw some things at us, but it did not amount to much.
Just Dance and Mario and Sonic were some of the biggest games back then, but people do not care about change that much. They are perfectly happy buying those games for the Wii. I know that the new Mario and Sonic is only on the Wii U, but they can still get the very high selling JD 2014 on the wii right now.

Nintendo needs to pull out all the stops. Why would they do Wii party or Wii play instead of Wii sports 3?

Mario has done all he can. Time for F-zero, Metroid, etc. Give people a reason to come to Nintendo. Give Donkey kong and the rest of the gang a break! Make some partnerships with some third parties and get some games over.
Yes, people buy Nintendo games for ...Nintendo first party titles, but exclusive third party titles help as well! Bayonetta 2 is nice, but will not help that much at all. They need to be getting some Heavy hitters, or at least getting mentioned on the Multi-plate games. Putting a Nintendo unique spin on games like GTA and others could be enough to get gamers and casuals to try.
But they cannot just keep doing what they are doing. Great! More Nintendo games that are thrown at us. That is good. Keep it up! But like I said, 3DS was not saved on Mario alone. Japan got KH, Etrian Odyssey, Harvest Moon, and various other titles that I cannot read because I am not Japanese.

If they can get that done for the Wii U, then it will be the same turn around. Not on Mario and Zelda alone.

Quick reply.

They already have "Wii Sports 3".
It's called Wii Sports Club & it's a hidden killer app within Wii U.
And Wii Party U was instrumental in shifting Wii U's fortunes in Japan.
The turnaround is happening right now. All these guys are quibbling about is the speed of the turnaround.
John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas said:
spurgeonryan said:
I do not think they are totally saying it cannot turn around, just that it can not meet the high expectations that you are giving it. Those numbers are not attainable.

They are ripping those numbers apart!

Can it turn it's self around like the 3DS? Maybe. But Japanese like handheld gaming much more and it ended up getting a ton of 3rd party support. Even more so than even the wii got, besides shovelware. It is kind of hard to imagine that the Wii U can get that kind of support from 3rd parties, especially since the Wii 3rd party effort was more or less forced.
We got I bunch of half assed games. Dead Space on rails? Sega threw some things at us, but it did not amount to much.
Just Dance and Mario and Sonic were some of the biggest games back then, but people do not care about change that much. They are perfectly happy buying those games for the Wii. I know that the new Mario and Sonic is only on the Wii U, but they can still get the very high selling JD 2014 on the wii right now.

Nintendo needs to pull out all the stops. Why would they do Wii party or Wii play instead of Wii sports 3?

Mario has done all he can. Time for F-zero, Metroid, etc. Give people a reason to come to Nintendo. Give Donkey kong and the rest of the gang a break! Make some partnerships with some third parties and get some games over.
Yes, people buy Nintendo games for ...Nintendo first party titles, but exclusive third party titles help as well! Bayonetta 2 is nice, but will not help that much at all. They need to be getting some Heavy hitters, or at least getting mentioned on the Multi-plate games. Putting a Nintendo unique spin on games like GTA and others could be enough to get gamers and casuals to try.
But they cannot just keep doing what they are doing. Great! More Nintendo games that are thrown at us. That is good. Keep it up! But like I said, 3DS was not saved on Mario alone. Japan got KH, Etrian Odyssey, Harvest Moon, and various other titles that I cannot read because I am not Japanese.

If they can get that done for the Wii U, then it will be the same turn around. Not on Mario and Zelda alone.

Quick reply.

They already have "Wii Sports 3".
It's called Wii Sports Club & it's a hidden killer app within Wii U.
And Wii Party U was instrumental in shifting Wii U's fortunes in Japan.
The turnaround is happening right now. All these guys are quibbling about is the speed of the turnaround.
John Lucas

Dear John Lucas,

Your prediction so far is completely wrong with not a shred of evidence to say otherwise. You really need to assess why Nintendo's success is so important to you, so much so that you go as far as to bend the truth and create an alternative reality. That bro, that right there, is some messed up shit.

Yours sincerely,

PS4TW

As soon as the Wii U debut I knew it was going to fail big time. I predicted however the Wii would succeed.

Nintendo should have gone AR Glasses gaming for the Wii successor http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=174328&page=3#5 . That would have continued the Revolution