By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - See Gamers initial Reaction to the DS announcement in 2004(They HATED it!! lol)

http://www.goodcowfilms.com/farm/basement/ga-archive/nintendo-mystery-product-pg1-01-20-2004.htm

Saw someone post this on GAF, its real funny when you look at how they reacted to the DS later, fn lol

some quotes

"Virtual Boy 2"

"I don't get the point. Why not just use a larger screen with a split-screen view?"

"Right now i think this idea is really lame. Nintendo is just watering down their own marketshare and this sounds like very gimmicky product. Most people can't keep their eye on one screen let alone two. I can see some uses for this sort of design in RTS games and perhaps a stealth game but beyond that it is just a gimmick, and a gimmick doesn't necessitate its own console."

Around the Network

Just goes to show how wrong us so-called "gamers" often are.

Never judge straight away. A lot can happen,

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The Wii got the same treatment.

And we all know how both turned out.

More recently we had the 3DS vs. Vita, with a lot of praise for the Vita to stomp the 3DS.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I'd like to look back at these "doom and gloom" WiiU articles in a year or 2 and laugh just like I'm laughing at this

I was one of them too. I bought a PSP instead. Some odd number of months later, I took my PSP and games into Gamestop, plopped them down on the counter and said "I'd like to trade this all in for a DS and a copy of Meteos and Canvas Curse." The Gamestop employee looked at my PSP, turned it on and said "Really? But this thing's screen is so amazing." To which I replied "Yeah, just like the Game Gear."

Around the Network
prayformojo said:

I was one of them too. I bought a PSP instead. Some odd number of months later, I took my PSP and games into Gamestop, plopped them down on the counter and said "I'd like to trade this all in for a DS and a copy of Meteos and Canvas Curse." The Gamestop employee looked at my PSP, turned it on and said "Really? But this thing's screen is so amazing." To which I replied "Yeah, just like the Game Gear."

Lol because people by handhelds for how awesome there screens are

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

prayformojo said:

I was one of them too. I bought a PSP instead. Some odd number of months later, I took my PSP and games into Gamestop, plopped them down on the counter and said "I'd like to trade this all in for a DS and a copy of Meteos and Canvas Curse." The Gamestop employee looked at my PSP, turned it on and said "Really? But this thing's screen is so amazing." To which I replied "Yeah, just like Game Gear."

I was always a DS dude, never had any reason to get a psp for me. I actually got it as the orignal Phat DS with a GBA game, Pokemon sapphire. It was great, and I played New Super mario bros, the wario game, Mario 64, Zelda Phantom Hour Glass, and Contra 4. Contra 4 was Hard as fuck, could never beat it fully :/

prayformojo said:

lmao if this story is true, it's fantastic.

Wow... I busted a gut reading a few of those xD

Seriously, though, I know hindsight is 20-20, but was I in the minority when I saw the system's unveiling at E3 2004 and thought it looking bloody amazing?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

''TWO SCREENS > ONE SCREEN

OMG PSP IS DOOMED.''

lol best post from there.

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto