By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naughty Dog: Ellie’s Popularity in The Last of Us “Says a lot About Whether Games can Sell With a Female Protagonist” *spoilers*

RenCutypoison said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I have a certification in script writing. I'm always thinking about character development when I read a book, watch a movie or play a game unless its a Nintendo title.

Cool diploma

Good thing for you. But I actually liked the game, and am not ashamed of it =p

No reason not to like the game. I just think it wasnt up to par with a Final Fantasy title storywise. Hopefully XV tips everything in favor of Final Fantasy level goodness for us all, not just for some.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
RenCutypoison said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I have a certification in script writing. I'm always thinking about character development when I read a book, watch a movie or play a game unless its a Nintendo title.

Cool diploma

No reason not to like the game. I just think it wasnt up to par with a Final Fantasy title storywise. Hopefully XV tips everything in favor of Final Fantasy level goodness for us all, not just for some.

Nomura's magic. Toriyama is getting old, he needs to change to something else (in gaming). But you can't always let the same people make the games, it gets worse and worse with time.

the-pi-guy said:
RenCutypoison said:

Cool diploma

Well you SHOULD BE.

Nah, I'm just kidding.  It wasn't my favorite though.  

It wasn't my favourite either, I just loved the universe and the general developpement (not the characters).

And the gameplay was dynamic, and you couldn't rush the battles, wich I tought was a good idea too.

Still, not on FFVI or X level. Waiting for XV =D

KylieDog said:
Ellie being immune was a secret?

Sorry but am I the only one who just assumed this when the game was first announced?

Really? You COULDN'T have put this in spoilers for people who are here wanting to talk about the topic but haven't played the game yet? FFS.

RenCutypoison said:

Nomura's magic. Toriyama is getting old, he needs to change to something else (in gaming). But you can't always let the same people make the games, it gets worse and worse with time.

Sakaguchi created Final Fantasy and he still makes superior games to Final Fantasy. He pretty much saved Squares rear from closing down with that franchise. Problem is people dont know he created the franchise so his games have only sold so well since his departure.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
RenCutypoison said:

Sakaguchi created Final Fantasy and he still makes superior games to Final Fantasy. He pretty much saved Squares rear from closing down with that franchise. Problem is people dont know he created the franchise so his games have only sold so well since his departure.

For the brainstorming of the games, they are usually 5, so it's never one person's direction for a game

KylieDog said:
Ellie being immune was a secret?

Sorry but am I the only one who just assumed this when the game was first announced?

I haven't even played the game yet (bought it two weeks ago), and I assumed that. It's a pretty common theme in zombie/infected people apocalypse stories. I Am Legend, 28 Days Later, probably somebody in The Walking Dead eventually, etc.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

RenCutypoison said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

For the brainstorming of the games, they are usually 5, so it's never one person's direction for a game

Yes, but technically Final Fantasy went down hill after Sakaguchi left. Nomura is just a concept artist who took over after he left. While working with Sakaguchi, Nomura was at his best. He is credited as the father of Final Fantasy and might not always have been in a director role but hes been in a producer role, hands on.

Sakaguchi+Kitase+ Nomura= Gold.

He also knew how to keep a level of difficulty in the games. They've become way too easy now.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
RenCutypoison said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yes, but technically Final Fantasy went down hill after Sakaguchi left. Nomura is just a concept artist who took over after he left. While working with Sakaguchi, Nomura was at his best. He is credited as the father of Final Fantasy and might not always have been in a director role but hes been in a producer role, hands on.

He also knew how to keep a level of difficulty in the games. They've become way too easy now.

Nomura did not have a director role back then, but he did have a word to say on the table of FFVII creation.

I don't think sakaguchi would as good now if he kept doing Final Fantasy games for 10 years. It seriously kills creativity.

And FFX was awesome. Without sakaguchi. 

And Scalable difficulty is always a solution, too, plus FFVII was kinda easy.

Kitase is getting old too.

Square really needs new heads. Yoshida is a good example. He did awesomely well on 2.0

RenCutypoison said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
RenCutypoison said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Nomura did not have a director role back then, but he did have a word to say on the table of FFVII creation.

I don't think sakaguchi would as good now if he kept doing Final Fantasy games for 10 years. It seriously kills creativity.

And FFX was awesome. Without sakaguchi. 

And Scalable difficulty is always a solution, too, plus FFVII was kinda easy.

Kitase is getting old too.

Square really needs new heads. Yoshida is a good example. He did awesomely well on 2.0

Hes responsible for Lost Odyssey and The Last Story. Tell me if his creativity got worse or only got better since leaving Final Fantasy.