By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - FBI Can listen in on your Android Phone remotely

Tagged games:

MohammadBadir said:
Why's Watch Dogs(WiiU) tagged though? XD

I taked Watch Dogs for all systems because real life is looking more like the game every day.  The game is looking less like science fiction and more like reality.

Or at least what is seems like from the trailers.  Would you not agree?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
This is unacceptable. How far will governments and corporations go? Haven't they done enough yet? I think it's time ordinary people made them respect something as simple as our privacy. It's just not right

I agree with you.  The current rational from the gov is that they can record everything, but it is not an invasion of privacy until they listen to it.  And for that they are supposed to have a search warrant.

I think we need new and stronger privacy laws.

In many states if a common citizen were to record people without their consent, they can get into heaps of trouble.  They 'it is not an invasion if I don't listen to it' would not fly, imo in court.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
the2real4mafol said:
This is unacceptable. How far will governments and corporations go? Haven't they done enough yet? I think it's time ordinary people made them respect something as simple as our privacy. It's just not right

I agree with you.  The current rational from the gov is that they can record everything, but it is not an invasion of privacy until they listen to it.  And for that they are supposed to have a search warrant.

I think we need new and stronger privacy laws.

In many states if a common citizen were to record people without their consent, they can get into heaps of trouble.  They 'it is not an invasion if I don't listen to it' would not fly, imo in court.

It's bad enough that they deem necessary to spy on us and it's not just the United States doing, my own country the UK is just as bad if not worse and yet the public don't seem to care about it. We all know it is wrong but i'm more worried what they would use data for. It is done in the name of "counter-terrorism" now but now they started spying would they ever stop? I don't think so, they will just make up some other excuse to do this. 

I agree we need stronger privacy laws but no state will do that, i feel it's something we must fight for. At the same time, we need to keep the internet from being censored

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Weedlab said:
Is this surprising to anybody? They're watching me type right now. I was a little surprised at the reaction of people based on what Edward Snowed divulged. These things seem like what any government would do if they had the resources to do - irrespective of size and type. I am sure my government would LOVE to have their hands on technology that would allow them to do the same.

So true. It shows how naive a lot of people are living in their bubbles. Anyone with a small amount of intelligence would know or at the very least have a strong suspicion that this type of "big brother" scenario was being played out in many western countries.

What Snowden said simply confirmed what people with common sense already knew and I think it goes far further than what he admitted.

They are two ways to look at it. The US either want him to pay for what he already said or as some reporters believe, they want him before he says anything else.

This just sounds like a silly attack on the Android market. Android is open source, this means maunfacturers can rewrite the code, unlike Windows or iOS.

Thsoe of you that are happy with your iOS and Windows phone thinking you are safe better wake up.

Kinnect and PS Eye is gonna create a big "snooping" storm next year soon I suspect.

Every telco allows wiretapping to authorities, this is a step beyond, but besides being opensource, and so modifiable, Android also allows rooting, it should be possible to just turn off the FBI listening process. By the way, it can be considered a security hole, as it's obviously exploitable by unauthorized third parties, so Google will better remove it or turn it off by default without users needing to do it themselves, as I can predict lawsuits if it will be exploited. This applies to every device and service, not only Android: audio and video monitoring services on clients should be turned off by default and only consciously activable by users. Otoh, a monitoring service linked to police or FBI or othe law enforcement agencies and freely activable by users if they feel in danger could be useful, but hey, the governments are so eager to employ resources to eavesdrop on us, but are they willing to do the same just to protect us?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

The TV show "person of interest" has been showing this for a few years.

In the show they need to get close enough to sync, but otherwise then can use it as a microphone.

To those saying good thing I have Apple, ect. I have a feeling that they can do this to any phone. Heck wasn't it first we hear that it was ALL verizon phones, now its all android phones. What's next?

Now obviously no one is listening to any of us.  That would be an insane waste of resources.  i'm not going to get all paranoid thinking someone is listening to me.  But if I were to ever believe I got on the governments radar for some reason, you can sure bet the first thing to go would be my phone.  

irstupid said:

The TV show "person of interest" has been showing this for a few years.

In the show they need to get close enough to sync, but otherwise then can use it as a microphone.

To those saying good thing I have Apple, ect. I have a feeling that they can do this to any phone. Heck wasn't it first we hear that it was ALL verizon phones, now its all android phones. What's next?

Now obviously no one is listening to any of us.  That would be an insane waste of resources.  i'm not going to get all paranoid thinking someone is listening to me.  But if I were to ever believe I got on the governments radar for some reason, you can sure bet the first thing to go would be my phone.  

From what I gathered after 911 the snoop systems were basically identifying key words related to terrorism. It was even on BBC news a few years ago when an innocent man was monitored because of suspicious txt with key arabic words. It turned out to be nothing more than a non-muslim playing around,

I believe soon - if not already - ALL internet, voice, video etc., communications will be seived for certain words and phrases, even on this website. It would cost a lot but the technology is there.

This is really despicable.

I would hope that Google would do the responsible thing, and do something to scramble the calls to keep the government from being able to do this. The telecoms should help with this if they had any backbone whatsoever.

now imagine google glass.. they can see what we see...

Yeah, but it's still gonna make a few billion for google, people just dont give a sh!t about their freedoms, unfortunately.