By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The "Wii U Haz No Games" Label Gone In A Month?

spurgeonryan said:
I agree, but the Wii U ports were mostly all so old already. Even though these will be on other systems, it is like having all these games being new if you buy the system right away. That is the difference. People had months to play these Wii U ports.

But we will see. Wii U will def. be in a much better situation come Christmas.

I agree that being old ports made it even worse and I guess I should have made this clear earlier, I dont think they will sell as slowly as Wii U post launch but still rather slow. Kinda like 360 did since mosy of its big games in the first year were better versions of PS2 games. It wasnt until it had huge exclusives like Gears/Halo 3 and 3rd party games became 7th gen exclusive that it started to sell really well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Keep dreaming, even with games (Vita) you wont drop the label of no games that easily

i think it's more that there are no system selling exclusives.

I can at least buy something now. After four months months since I bought NSMBU, Pikmin 3 has already joined my collection. W101 soon to follow next month.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:

I don't know what is more disappointing people waiting for mario, mario and more mario or the lack of 3rd party games that we are getting and shuld be buying that arn't even talked about my most Nintendo fans, like your Watch Dogs, AC IV, Rayman, Splinter Cell etc.. .

they're not talking about it cause A they wont buy it or B it will be bought on a system other than Wii.

Forget about B we know they exist. It is more so the A's who want all this 3rd party support but never purchase it when a game comes their way.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:
No, this realisation won't come before the X1 and PS4 launch. Right now there are still way too many people who imagine that the other eighth gen consoles will have amazing lineups.

I can't speak for PS4, but Xbox One has a considerably better line up than WiiU has had in its first 12 months.

First twelve months is irrelevant, because people are shortsighted. The here and now will be compared and that means a full year of games for Wii U vs. the launch lineup of the other consoles. Multiplats are going to get disregarded on any platform. The 3DS didn't need much either to move out of the no-games-zone and put the Vita into it. Neither did the 360 (which was labeled "Xbox 1.5" and had no games) against the PS3. Gears of War and a couple of other games were enough to smack down the PS3.

The PS4 and X1 will have droughts initially (again, multiplats are commonly disregarded for next gen consoles, unless they are only available on next gen consoles) and there will be exclusives that will disappoint. Drive Club, Knack, Ryse and Killer Instinct come to mind immediately. And then you are looking at consoles that are stuck with basically only Killzone 4 and Forza 5 for months.

Killer Instinct is getting very good feedback actually, Ryse is the one disappointing. If you're not talking about the first 12 months then it makes even less sense, after that PS4 and One will be picking up steam and when multiplats come thick and fast they aren't ignored like you're suggestion.

X1 Launch: Killer Instinct, Zoo Tycoon, Ryse, Forza 5, Dead RIsing 3, Project Spark, Lococycle
12 months leading: Sunset Overdrive, Halo, Quantum Break, Black Tusk's Stealth game, Titanfall, Plants vs Zombies GW, Kinect Sports Rivals, Fantasia, Minecraft and all the indie stuff (Crimson Dragon, D4, Below)

Will a couple slip? Probably, as it stand though that's look very solid. Titanfall, KS and PVZ GW are spring as well.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
RolStoppable said:

First twelve months is irrelevant, because people are shortsighted. The here and now will be compared and that means a full year of games for Wii U vs. the launch lineup of the other consoles. Multiplats are going to get disregarded on any platform. (...)

Killer Instinct is getting very good feedback actually, Ryse is the one disappointing. If you're not talking about the first 12 months then it makes even less sense, after that PS4 and One will be picking up steam and when multiplats come thick and fast they aren't ignored like you're suggestion.

X1 Launch: Killer Instinct, Zoo Tycoon, Ryse, Forza 5, Dead RIsing 3, Project Spark, Lococycle
12 months leading: Sunset Overdrive, Halo, Quantum Break, Black Tusk's Stealth game, Titanfall, Plants vs Zombies GW, Kinect Sports Rivals, Fantasia, Minecraft and all the indie stuff (Crimson Dragon, D4, Below)

Will a couple slip? Probably, as it stand though that's look very solid. Titanfall, KS and PVZ GW are spring as well.

The answer to the bolded is what I left in my previous quote. People will ask what they can play now, not months or even years in the future. It's not going to be that people will rush out to buy Wii Us, what will happen is that a consensus along the lines of the following will be reached:

"The only eighth gen console out right now that is worth buying is the Wii U, because the others just don't have enough exclusive games to justify their price tags. But there is the problem that third parties won't support the Wii U in the long run, so a second console would be needed to get access to the majority of games."

The result will be apathy towards eighth gen consoles and people will wait until more games arrive and the hardware prices come down. It's not hard to wait when the PS3 and 360 will continue to get most games. The Wii U will go from "no games" to "only has Nintendo games", the PS4 and X1 will take over the "no games" label.

Disagree. X1's line up will be compareable to WiiU's 6 months in when Titanfall and PVZ GW hit along with the launch line up (which is much stronger than WiiU's was)

You think sales will flounder? To what level? I can't evvisage a scenario where they get near WiiU levels.

Does it matter? Nintendo is only for kids, bring me Bratz and High school musical and we will talk

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:

Disagree. X1's line up will be compareable to WiiU's 6 months in when Titanfall and PVZ GW hit along with the launch line up (which is much stronger than WiiU's was)

You think sales will flounder? To what level? I can't evvisage a scenario where they get near WiiU levels.

For god's sake, people won't compare Wii U's first six months to the X1's first six months. Not too long ago the Vita guys were trying to defend the Vita by saying that its initial lineup was much better than the 3DS's, but nobody gave a damn, because it didn't make Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 vanish all of a sudden.

Both the PS4 and X1 will go below 100k weekly on a worldwide basis. If Microsoft sticks with their $500 launch price, it will go below 50k. Both consoles don't have to go near Wii U levels to qualify as bad or even terrible, because Wii U levels are atrocious.

No, I'm talking about WiiU's library up to that point. Not what came out in WiiU's first 6 months.

100k a week for both PS4 and X1 in early 2014 would be fine, I'm not sure how anyone can expect much more looking at how PS360 started. 1.3m+ a quarter at the start isn't bad imo.

The PS3 continued to get that label well into 2009, it needs a lot more than that list.