By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Assuming PS3 wins Week of Feb. 3, PS3 has outsold 360 for 10 straight weeks

this wouldnt be happening if the 360 sold more then 8000 a month in japan, seriosly, it sells mor in New england then it does in japan, the 360 needs a good RPG/ platformer to take the lead.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>given that the 360 is about as popular as carrion in Japan.

here's the better analogy.

360 is like George Bush, everybody hates him outside of US, but certain amount of people keep on voting for him. ;)

Uh that analogy is crap. Bush has a horrible approval rate here in the states. As to people keep on voting for him yeah they might have voted for him a maximum of 2 times. The last being nearly 4 years ago. The race in Europe is also competitive between the ps3 and 360 which is further proof your analogy sucks. I didn't really expect much more of you though. I have read the same post which goes something along the lines of "all the good 360 games come to pc" so many times I have made a mental note of you. Anyway on topic I blame Japan. =)

11 weeks now,,

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

elendar said:
kingofwale said:
>given that the 360 is about as popular as carrion in Japan.

here's the better analogy.

360 is like George Bush, everybody hates him outside of US, but certain amount of people keep on voting for him. ;)

Uh that analogy is crap. Bush has a horrible approval rate here in the states. As to people keep on voting for him yeah they might have voted for him a maximum of 2 times. The last being nearly 4 years ago. The race in Europe is also competitive between the ps3 and 360 which is further proof your analogy sucks. I didn't really expect much more of you though. I have read the same post which goes something along the lines of "all the good 360 games come to pc" so many times I have made a mental note of you. Anyway on topic I blame Japan. =)

is it really "crap"? Last time I heard, Bush is at around 30% approval rating, kinda like 360's % in NA. ;)

Also, Europe? "competitive"? The only place it is competitive between 360 and PS3 is UK, which last time I checked, was the most pro-Bush country in EU (not that it's saying much, but you get my point)

Frankly my friend, I think my analogy is excellent, unless you can come up with a better one. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

the lifetime to date # is getting a little overrated. it is most important because it gives an idea how many total users are out there. Why do you care how many users are out there? to forcast how much a new game can/will sell. if a console sells more then competitor every week AND sells more copies of new games that come out

SO, if PS3's week to week game sales pass the X360, then it doesnt even matter if the lifetime to date #'s are so different. And this is getting really close to happening.

Take a look at some new release's multiplats. The only one not close is COD4, which sells GREAT on FPS crazy XBox

DMC4

XBox :399,262
PS3: 463,562

Burnout Paradise

XBox : 304,546
PS3: 271,376

Turok

XBox : 162,236
PS3: 112,299

The Club

XBox : 20,661
PS3: 21,792

COD4

XBox :4,681,907
PS3: 2,299,630

AC

XBox : 3,359,695
PS3: 2,192,473

Conflict : Denied Ops

XBox : 18,549
PS3: 21,509

Around the Network

Actually now, it's eleven weeks.

This was predictable as far back as mid-2007. The moment decent software and a price cut arrived for the PS3, it was going to rampage. The Beast of BluRay will post monster numbers for the rest of 2008. Microsoft is in for a very, very rough ride.

SlorgNet said:
This was predictable as far back as mid-2007. The moment decent software and a price cut arrived for the PS3, it was going to rampage. The Beast of BluRay will post monster numbers for the rest of 2008. Microsoft is in for a very, very rough ride.

I agree entirely, but at the same time this has been a relatively small turnaround and is not irreversable.  I'd expect Microsoft to make a move (probably a price drop) if the PS3 continues this for another 6 months or so and widens the current (tiny) gap.

I think this is good news for gamers as it will mean that the PS3 gets more attention and gamers can count on higher quality hardware.  Which is awesome, because Microsoft's hardware quality is outrageously bad.

McClark71 said:
this wouldnt be happening if the 360 sold more then 8000 a month in japan, seriosly, it sells mor in New england then it does in japan, the 360 needs a good RPG/ platformer to take the lead.

Lost Oddessy, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, etc. More JRPGs than either the Wii or PS3.

Lack of Japanese games isn't really the problem. 

Wow this thread is still alive?

Anyways, looks like PS3 not only won Feb 3, but also Feb 10!

Congratulation PS3 on your 11th straight weeks of higher sales than 360!