By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - HW +SW 20th july up

the_dengle said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
A decent number of SMT4 sales could be digital. NA had some sort of deal where you get $30 eShop credit for buying the game along with FE: Awakening, or something like that.

You don't have to buy the game digitally to get the deal, you only have to register it on Club Nintendo, but you're right that a fair amound of sales could be digital, anyway. :)

Oh really? I guess I just assumed it had to be digital since others deals like Pikmin 3 1-day early and 10% off W101 had to be done digitally.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
Anfebious said:

Yeah, in all of them but the reviewers complain that it's a mess in the way that it is very difficult to understand or so it seems. If it is like the first one for the SNES then I could understand it. The original looked like this: http://i.imgur.com/csj1h.png 

They don't look very nice and they can be "confusing" but it's like a staple for the mainline SMT games! XD

I think it would be a lot less confusing for someone who knows how Japan looks like.  I did get lost a few times, but that was mostly due to the fact that I didn't know which places were next to which rather than the map itself (which, honestly, isn't THAT confusing if you rotate the camera to get familiar with your surroundings).

Yeah it would be easier for someone who lived in Japan but yeah with a little use of the camera I guess it is easy to tell. I still haven't played it! My copy arrives this week! Anyway I played the first games on the Super Nintendo and the map was kind of confusing. But you are telling me you can use the camera in the map so I guess I won't have a problem in this one! XD

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

the_dengle said:
Anfebious said:

Yeah, in all of them but the reviewers complain that it's a mess in the way that it is very difficult to understand or so it seems. If it is like the first one for the SNES then I could understand it. The original looked like this: http://i.imgur.com/csj1h.png 

They don't look very nice and they can be "confusing" but it's like a staple for the mainline SMT games! XD

If there is any point in SMTIV where the overworld map even vaguely resembles that, I haven't gotten to it yet.

So far, the overworld reminds me of the maps in Baten Kaitos.

Tokyo does kind of resemble the map Anfebious linked, but it's 3D and you can rotate the map.  It also marks any location you can enter with easy to see markers.  They don't tell you what area it is until you enter, though.  However, the map does tell you whether you are in the Ueno, Shibuya, Kasumigeki, or whatever region.  The only thing is that you can get lost when they ask you to go to one of these areas that you haven't been to without a reference point. Though if you talk to some of the NPCs around, they usually tell you how to get there.

MDMAlliance said:

Tokyo does kind of resemble the map Anfebious linked, but it's 3D and you can rotate the map.  It also marks any location you can enter with easy to see markers.  They don't tell you what area it is until you enter, though.  However, the map does tell you whether you are in the Ueno, Shibuya, Kasumigeki, or whatever region.  The only thing is that you can get lost when they ask you to go to one of these areas that you haven't been to without a reference point. Though if you talk to some of the NPCs around, they usually tell you how to get there.

It really just sounds like I'm not at that part of the game yet. I think I'm about 5 hours in.

the_dengle said:
MDMAlliance said:

It really just sounds like I'm not at that part of the game yet. I think I'm about 5 hours in.

I believe you're almost at that point, but I can't say for sure.  I don't remember exactly how long I took getting to that point, but I'm sure that you can't be that far away from it.

Around the Network

updated with global software

MDMAlliance said:
Boutros said:
Anfebious said:

Emm guys... Shin Megami Tensei IV didn't "Bombed". The game sold very well. Its not a new IP and they have "low production values" compared to other games as Atlus knows how much this games sell. By their standards it's very good. It is not a "AAA" game. People should really investigate about the franchise.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/megaten/megaten.htm

There guys is a nice article on various games of the franchise! It is really well written and it has a lot information!

My only problem is that the production values for SMT3 were bigger than for SMT4. That's a little annoying.

Atlus was pomping games on the PS2 last gen with like 7 SMT games that all had higher production values than SMT4 actually lol

I don't know what happened.

Perhaps it's cheaper to produce on the 3DS than it was on the PS2?  Not sure, just guessing.  Well, that goes off the assumption that what you mean by production value is the amount they spent on the game.  If you meant it in another way, I'm not sure how it's being measured.

I mean that the PS2 SMT all had full 3D render of every assets (environment, demons, characters, objects, etc.) and animated cutscenes. That's what I call higher production values. And now with SMT4 it goes back to 2D assets and character cardboard cutscenes lol. I still like the game though but it would undeniably be even better with higher production values.

Same thing happened with Dragon Quest IX on the DS that came out after Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2.

Boutros said:
MDMAlliance said:
Boutros said:

My only problem is that the production values for SMT3 were bigger than for SMT4. That's a little annoying.

Atlus was pomping games on the PS2 last gen with like 7 SMT games that all had higher production values than SMT4 actually lol

I don't know what happened.

Perhaps it's cheaper to produce on the 3DS than it was on the PS2?  Not sure, just guessing.  Well, that goes off the assumption that what you mean by production value is the amount they spent on the game.  If you meant it in another way, I'm not sure how it's being measured.

I mean that the PS2 SMT all had full 3D render of every assets (environment, demons, characters, objects, etc.) and animated cutscenes. That's what I call higher production values. And now with SMT4 it goes back to 2D assets and character cardboard cutscenes lol. I still like the game though but it would undeniably be even better with higher production values.

Same thing happened with Dragon Quest IX on the DS that came out after Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2.

Hmm, I honestly think SMTIV was done that way out of style.  No doubt the game could have handled 3D assets in everything (Tales of the Abyss handled it fine and it was a rather quick port).

NPD & MS FINANCIALS ADJUSTMENTS

3DS -182,502
PS3 -99,816
360 -70,158
Wii 5,372
DS 5,239
PSP 23,037
PSV 2,870
Wii U -9,987

ethomaz said:

NPD & MS FINANCIALS ADJUSTMENTS

3DS -182,502