By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ports that didnt need to be made or Pointless Ports

theRepublic said:
Since there was just another thread on it, I will say Retro City Rampage for WiiWare. It came out Feb. 28, 2013.

1) WiiU had already been out for more than 3 months.
2) It came out over 4 months later than the PC and PS3 versions, and almost 2 months later than the 360 version.
3) WiiWare had pretty much been dead since Feb 2012. A whole year before!

Development should have switched over to the WiiU.

oh crap, thats a good one, i actually thought they cancelled it for WiiWare, man that is a waste.

Around the Network
Zelhawks37 said:
Didn't get the hate on NMH, but to each their own. The boss battles were nothing short of amazing.

Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS. Why not Symphonia since Nintendo guys would have played that game instead of Abyss which was a PS2 exclusive until then.

Actually, Abyss was the latest and one of the more well received 3D Tales game that they could port easily and cheaply to the 3DS. Ironically, this dirty port still sold EXTREMELY well and is the best selling Tales game on a portable system. Hardly useless, they just lucked up in not shooting themselves in the foot like some companies do announcing cheaper collections or alternatives being released around the time they are dropping their cash grab ports.

Persona 4: Golden.

brendude13 said:

really, i have that game, its great. How? then again i guess i could have bought it for PS2

oniyide said:
brendude13 said:

really, i have that game, its great. How? then again i guess i could have bought it for PS2

I was kidding.

It's the BEST port in my opinion.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
oniyide said:
brendude13 said:

I was kidding.

I was ready to complain after the first post... It is a very carefully and well done port with tons of extra content. And a great game too.

oniyide said:
torok said:

oniyide said:
torok said:

Transformers Dark or The Moon: Stealth Force Edition for the Wii. The PS360 version was pretty good and had decent visuals. The Wii port has a different story, poor scenary and, I swear, N64 visuals. But the insane was that the entire game is played in car form, you can't transform to robot form. Yes, it is a Transformers game were you can't transform. It was a totally lazy and crappy port and game.

i heard about it to be fair, its not really a port just a crappy spin off game.

Yes, it surely fits more like a spinoff. Actually, there isn't an easy way of porting a HD game to the Wii. You could port a X360 game to PS3 or port a PC game to X1 or port a GameCube game to PS2, but any HD port to Wii must be redone from scratch basically, since the Wii was the last console with a fixed function GPU while the HD twins use programmable ones. So it isn't simply laziness, devs had to remake the entire game.

you're preaching to the choir, buddy. Tell that to NintendoPie and some of the others who swore that 3rd parties were evil and they were lazy. They dont want to admit that the WIi just wasnt up to snuff in terms of getting 3rd party games that were ports of HD games.

Yes, people complain without looking for explanations. Wii got a lot of PS2 ports (and the opposite occurred too) simply because they use the same fixed function architecture.

brendude13 said:
oniyide said:
brendude13 said:

I was kidding.

my bad

NoirSon said:
Zelhawks37 said:
Didn't get the hate on NMH, but to each their own. The boss battles were nothing short of amazing.

Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS. Why not Symphonia since Nintendo guys would have played that game instead of Abyss which was a PS2 exclusive until then.

Actually, Abyss was the latest and one of the more well received 3D Tales game that they could port easily and cheaply to the 3DS. Ironically, this dirty port still sold EXTREMELY well and is the best selling Tales game on a portable system. Hardly useless, they just lucked up in not shooting themselves in the foot like some companies do announcing cheaper collections or alternatives being released around the time they are dropping their cash grab ports.

I concede after seeing the sales. Holy crap didn't realize it did that well.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD