By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ports that didnt need to be made or Pointless Ports

any port on the wii U, fans will claim lazy port, devs will be losing money and they get hated by the fans

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Anfebious said:
oniyide said:
Anfebious said:

I hope that doesn't include Persona 4 Golden! That is an awesome port

ignore him, he's just hating. But i will give him Muramasa. not a bad for but pointless

Oh so he is hating on it . Too bad he is missing on the vita . Anyway about Muramasa... Is it that pointless? It has nothing new? Because I always wanted to try it and if the Vita version has more extras I would of course buy the Vita version! (Whenever I get the chance to buy a Vita of course xD).

pointless doenst really mean bad. Udraw for HDs was a good port just a non needed one for example. And their are some ports that are bad but arent really pointless(COD MW for Wii). I played Muramasa for Wii a long time ago. But if you are going to get a Vita anyway might as well get the best version of the game you can get, so yeah go for it.

Dosen't that defeats the point of calling Muramasa a pointless port. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

man alot of WIi U port hating.

Most of every port ever ported to a Nintendo system past last generation. Especially the Wii.

In the first few years of the Wii, no developer actually knew how to develop for it. They would throw in some crappy waggle controls, completely nuke almost every feature the HD one's had, then send it out of the flood gates.

And the worst part of it is; it would sell more than one copy!

SnakeDrake said:
oniyide said:
Anfebious said:
oniyide said:
Anfebious said:

I hope that doesn't include Persona 4 Golden! That is an awesome port

ignore him, he's just hating. But i will give him Muramasa. not a bad for but pointless

Oh so he is hating on it . Too bad he is missing on the vita . Anyway about Muramasa... Is it that pointless? It has nothing new? Because I always wanted to try it and if the Vita version has more extras I would of course buy the Vita version! (Whenever I get the chance to buy a Vita of course xD).

pointless doenst really mean bad. Udraw for HDs was a good port just a non needed one for example. And their are some ports that are bad but arent really pointless(COD MW for Wii). I played Muramasa for Wii a long time ago. But if you are going to get a Vita anyway might as well get the best version of the game you can get, so yeah go for it.

Dosen't that defeats the point of calling Muramasa a pointless port. 

not really if he dosent have a WIi and is interested in the game and is getting a Vita anyway, why NOT get it? 

Around the Network
oniyide said:
man alot of WIi U port hating.

That's probably because most of them would fit your thread's criteria perfectly. 

NintendoPie said:
Most of every port ever ported to a Nintendo system past last generation. Especially the Wii.

In the first few years of the Wii, no developer actually knew how to develop for it. They would throw in some crappy waggle controls, completely nuke almost every feature the HD one's had, then send it out of the flood gates.

And the worst part of it is; it would sell more than one copy!

to be fair if you're going to port a game from an HD console to Wii you cant possibly have expected to have all the features and be as good as the HD version. Cant get a gallon of juice into a coffee mug without losing some liquid.

oniyide said:

to be fair if you're going to port a game from an HD console to Wii you cant possibly have expected to have all the features and be as good as the HD version. Cant get a gallon of juice into a coffee mug without losing some liquid.

But it was quite possible for them to spill half the gallon of juice before they ever even got to the mug. Then proceed to shakily pour it into the mug effectively leaving close to nothing there.

NintendoPie said:
oniyide said:

But it was quite possible for them to spill half the gallon of juice before they ever even got to the mug. Then proceed to shakily pour it into the mug effectively leaving close to nothing there.

you would still only get half a good version of a game. Thats not really helping anyone, but maybe thats just enough for you. I know its not enough for me.

oniyide said:

you would still only get half a good version of a game. Thats not really helping anyone, but maybe thats just enough for you. I know its not enough for me.

I'm not sure if you are agreeing with my point or not.

Close to none of the ports on the Wii had enough anything to be "enough."