By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - DF: In Theory: Can Xbox One multi-platform games compete with PlayStation 4?

Shinobi-san said:
Wtf they used a 7850 to simulate the Xbox GPU? Err what?

Yeah, I thought that was strange. Personally I thought they should have gone with a 7790 vs 7850 and clocked both to 800MHz. As it is, their are too many variables to be representative (memory bandwidth and ROPs are the two that stand out) when using a 7850 for X1 and 7870 for PS4.

Around the Network
NinjaHanzo said:

Wow, people is getting so much graphic whore nowadays...

Such a good times when the comparisson we did was:

- "Mario can kick the ass of Sonic, pretty easily"
- "No way, Sonic has quills in the back, so Mario can't jump on him"

Damn good old times.

TLOU looks AMAZING on a system with 512 megas of ram.
HALO 4 looks AMAZING on a system 7 years old. (Almost 8)

Sometimes i have the feeling of this graphical competition it's just a boost of ego to some dudes laking personality, who need to feel proud of a fucking electrical appliance.

Or.. some people just have an interest in hardware as well as games.

Leadbetter lol

This guy is trying really hard to create a point... his biased point.

walsufnir said:
The article also makes clear that even nowadays PC-games at 1080p and max settings are too much for nextgen to handle which is no problem for me but the topic was in another thread a few days ago.

This article is full of bull but it cleary says that the consoles can run nowdays games in 1080p with high assest and better textures.

Leadbetter view of Xbone hardware...

7850 16 CUs, 1024 SPs, 64 TMUs, 32 ROPs

=

Xbone 12 CUs, 768 SPs, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs

Right?

Around the Network

DF got banned on NeoGAF.

Thanks to Leadbetter.

Four bad articles without evidences with a lot of fake news in a row... expected.

Scoobes said:
Shinobi-san said:
Wtf they used a 7850 to simulate the Xbox GPU? Err what?

Yeah, I thought that was strange. Personally I thought they should have gone with a 7790 vs 7850 and clocked both to 800MHz. As it is, their are too many variables to be representative (memory bandwidth and ROPs are the two that stand out) when using a 7850 for X1 and 7870 for PS4.

Exactly.  7790 and 7850 are the closest we have to the GPUs in the new consoles.  I believe the PS4 actually falls in between the 7850 and 7870, though.  And if I remember correctly, the One is slightly less powerful than a 7790.  Either way, devs for both consoles are going to be coding for that specific GPU, and closer to metal, so they will get more power from them than a gaming PC ever will.  It's also ridiculous to underclock the GPU even lower than the ones in the consoles, as he even admits that some games perform better with higher clock speeds.

@ethomaz

Is this #4 for Leadbetter? 

thismeintiel said:

Exactly.  7790 and 7850 are the closest we have to the GPUs in the new consoles.  I believe the PS4 actually falls in between the 7850 and 7870, though.  And if I remember correctly, the One is slightly less powerful than a 7790.  Either way, devs for both consoles are going to be coding for that specific GPU, and closer to metal, so they will get more power from them than a gaming PC ever will.  It's also ridiculous to underclock the GPU even lower than the ones in the consoles, as he even admits that some games perform better with higher clock speeds.

@ethomaz

Is this #4 for Leadbetter? 

It is the #4... he is trying hard to make a point based in nothing lol.

I agree that in term of use of the RAW power the PS4 and Xbone will be more close to 7790 and 7850 but there are another units that makes part of the GPU that can't be forget.

The use of a 7850 (16 CUs, 1024 SPs, 64 TMUs, 32 ROPs) to simulate a Xbone (12 CUs, 768 SPs, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs) is a new low for Leadbetter... and that make the DF and Eurogamer looks really bad for future leaks.

Well that was interesting enough.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Wow DF articles really are banned on Neogaf.

Sigh I love Digital Foundry articles. This won't stop me from reading their stuff.

This particular article isn't that bad i just find it weird how they went about their comparison. I don't think the guy who wrote the article is bias as some are pointing out.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|